Page 1 of 1

is this a sperm plug??

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:27 pm
by lucasrusinak
so i got home from work today and found this in the cage. my first thought was that it was a dried up sperm plug, but my skink is only about 1 month old and i'm no expert, so i tohught id ask here. this is the best picture i could get.

Re: is this a sperm plug??

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:25 pm
by Jeff
I don't see one in that picture, but I'm looking on my phone, and I have old eyes.

Re: is this a sperm plug??

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:28 pm
by Dakota
I have been staring that this photo for a bit, and I still see nothing other than poop and bedding.

Re: is this a sperm plug??

Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:48 pm
by lucasrusinak
okay, my mistake then! it seemed a little discolored and at the end there was a little white thing, almost like a rough ball, which is what gave me the thought. thanks!

Re: is this a sperm plug??

Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:33 am
by Susann
Do a search on "sperm plug", there have been some pictures posted very recently of them.
The white ball is a urate--you'll see one of those with almost every poop.