Introduction

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
pritya
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 am
Country:
Location: Indonesia

Introduction

Postby pritya » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:13 am

Hallo everyone! Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Pritya, a proud owner of one beautiful BTS. I got the BTS from a friend of my uncle and honestly I do not know how he got it in the first place. I have been keeping it for nearly 11 years now and had yet to figure out its sex. I know it sounds like ignorant, but I don't see the reason why I should know its gender as the skink is living alone, and also as I don't know how to sex it correctly & painlessly. Nonetheless, I like to believe that it is she =)
Anyway, my question to this forum is: Can anybody tell me What species/ subspecies is my BTS? Is it an Irian Jaya Gigas?
Here's a gallery of her photos:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.78366872704.75692.668352704&type=1&l=5cd055d093

looking forward to learn more from this forum!

cheers! :thumbs:
User avatar
Logancrook
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 222
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm
Country:
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Introduction

Postby Logancrook » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:52 am

Welcome to the forum and its a beautiful skink. :btsnet2: to me it looks like a IJ but I wouldn't take my word for it. I'm new to skinks and most of what I know is from this forum and the care sheet. Good luck with you findings.
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Introduction

Postby Dakota » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Yeah, he is an Irian Jaya. A beautiful one at that.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
StaceyLeigh
Northern Love
Northern Love
Posts: 1576
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Country: USA
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: Introduction

Postby StaceyLeigh » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:06 pm

What a cutie, Welcome!
User avatar
pritya
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 am
Country:
Location: Indonesia

Re: Introduction

Postby pritya » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:53 pm

Thank you everyone! =)
User avatar
Edward
Carpe diem
Carpe diem
Posts: 1918
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:07 am
Country: U.S.A.
Location: Texas

Re: Introduction

Postby Edward » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:44 am

:btsnet:
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 268 guests