A Late Introduction.

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Robert
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:27 am
Country:
Location: Australia

A Late Introduction.

Postby Robert » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:03 am

Hello everyone, as suggested by the forum, this is an introduction to me and why I have blueys and who I am. Unfortunately I didn't have time to introduce myself as I was in the middle of a crisis, but now I do, so I thought I might.

My name is Robert (as I’m sure you could tell from my username… :doh: ) and I've lived in the Tinderry mountain range (Australia) my whole life, it’s great, seemingly endless expanse of mountains and Aussie bushlands. It’s here I found my affection for Blue Tongue Skinks. While mindlessly walking around the bushlands, I came across a group of magpies going ape, they had found a baby eastern bluey and where in the middle of pecking the poor thing to death. Usually I leave nature to itself, but this time I intervened and saved the little guy. I took him/her back, bought a makeshift set up and nursed him/her back to health over a few months and let him/her go in my backyard. At first Jack (the name I gave him (?)) was of course, aggressive and hissed and bit at me every chance he got, but over the weeks he warmed up and hardly minded me at all by the end of it. That was 4.5-5 years ago, and after a year I decided to buy some as Jack was an awesome experience. I bought two from a pet store (I of course now know NOT to get them from pet stores, and when I’m ready, I’ll probably ask a breeder on this forum if I can inquiry about buying another bluey) and they’re just superb creatures, as I’m sure everyone here is well aware of.

So that’s why I got into having them as pets, and a little about me if you’re interested. I’m 20 years old, I’m a third year architecture student, but I’ve studied everything from mathematics to medicine, physics to biology (during my free time), I love to think and learn. I’ve drawn (portraiture) for just about my entire life, I’ve played piano for the last 6 years and as mentioned above, I bushwalk pretty frequently.

And of course the obligatory blue tongue photos :D .

[url]http://imageshack.us/a/img14/5355/gioo.jpg
[/url]
Here’s Geoff (Blotched Blue Tongue), refusing to eat his snails, the cheeky bugger decided to mock him. (I keep a small tank to ‘breed’ the snails as it’s one of their favourite foods.)

[url]http://imageshack.us/a/img819/8108/c9z9.jpg
[/url]
For anyone saw my post last week, here’s Geoff. Unfortunately he’s still pretty buggered about the loss of his tank mate, he spends his time curled up and sulking under the heat and light lamps, but at least he’s stopped hissing and scurrying up and down the tank into the small hours of the night, which is good, I suppose.

So that's it, you all seem like nice people, so I look forward to being a part of this community as long as I have blueys as pets :D .
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: A Late Introduction.

Postby Susann » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 am

:welcome: Nice to meet ya!
I hope the rest of your time here is filled with a whole lot less stress :hug:
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: A Late Introduction.

Postby Lea » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 am

Hello and welcome! Geoff looks great! I have an eastern who has snails crawl all over him rather than eat them, it's so funny to watch!

Can't wait to see more of Geoff, he looks like one beautiful blotchy.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: A Late Introduction.

Postby Richard.C » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:04 am

welcome Robert,

nothing like an original user name,lol
User avatar
El Lobo
The Blotched Brigade
The Blotched Brigade
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mountains Australia

Re: A Late Introduction.

Postby El Lobo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Good to see you back Robert.

Glad to welcome another GDR dweller with a Blotchy. :)
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 272 guests