Kiwi Discovers Bluetongue
Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:17 am
hi all,
was walking from mandurah to secret harbor today and saw two blue tongue lizards (signed separately) in the coastal dune bushland near singleton-golden bay. both adopted the same posture appearingto be a sunbathing their mid and lower bodies while seeking shade for their upper quarter beneath medium low vegetation. I was so intrigued I sat and shared company with both of them.
I was totally fascinated -with the flora and fauna equally. I'm from the bay of plenty in new Zealand having moved over recently. I can't tell you how much my mind is relishing this truly awesome 'frontier' you guys have all the way out here. To my hosts, thank you for having me in your awesome country - cities are a bit to be desired but never mind.
so, to sum it up, I have a new found pursuit. blue tongues and bob tails. so if there's any enthusiasts-conservationists id love to hear from you. please pm or fb Facebook.com/Jade.gray.526
was walking from mandurah to secret harbor today and saw two blue tongue lizards (signed separately) in the coastal dune bushland near singleton-golden bay. both adopted the same posture appearingto be a sunbathing their mid and lower bodies while seeking shade for their upper quarter beneath medium low vegetation. I was so intrigued I sat and shared company with both of them.
I was totally fascinated -with the flora and fauna equally. I'm from the bay of plenty in new Zealand having moved over recently. I can't tell you how much my mind is relishing this truly awesome 'frontier' you guys have all the way out here. To my hosts, thank you for having me in your awesome country - cities are a bit to be desired but never mind.
so, to sum it up, I have a new found pursuit. blue tongues and bob tails. so if there's any enthusiasts-conservationists id love to hear from you. please pm or fb Facebook.com/Jade.gray.526