Page 1 of 2

Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 am
by Dakota
She finally came in! She is on the shy side, but I don't blame her.. shipping is a bummer. Her tail is extremely short.. from what I'm used to. Her body structure looks very feminine, but she either has a fat-tail, or a hemi-penal bulge! Her stomach is a very peach color.. and she that "I don't care about life" kindly face. :shock:

She is basking as we speak, and hopefully she will like the meeting with the other skinks! His pattern is so amazing.. I can't wait to find a mate for her! :ohyes:

I also love her tail pattern.. never quite seen such a pattern..

Well, anyways.. her unboxing video is uploading, and these are the pictures of her:

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:50 am
by UroFreak13
Very cute

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 am
by Dakota
UroFreak13 wrote:Very cute

Thanks!

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:59 am
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Nice IJ :thumbs:

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:01 am
by Susann
Gorgeous! :lovestruck:

You said, you hope she will like the meeting with the other skinks...
you have read about quarantining a new animal, right?

She is beyond pretty though :D

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:16 am
by Dakota
Susann wrote:Gorgeous! :lovestruck:

You said, you hope she will like the meeting with the other skinks...
you have read about quarantining a new animal, right?

She is beyond pretty though :D

:dead: No..

Xaunder was actually nudging her..? Is that normal? Maybe he is was just trying to go under her? New skink thing?

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 am
by Dakota
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Nice IJ :thumbs:

Thanks!

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:24 am
by Susann
You are a brave young man. I don't believe I would put two brand new skinks together on the floor... especially since the others aren't even IJs.
Please tell me they are not kept together.

When you get a new skink it is a very good practice to keep them far away from each other for several weeks. Preferably in a whole different part of the house. I do this for a minimum of 8 weeks myself. Just to make sure the new one is not brining any sicknesses or parasites with it.

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:27 am
by Richard.C
Good points susann

Nice looking tanky ij dakota,looks in good shape,has a meaty looking noggin,especially its depth

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:59 am
by StaceyLeigh
Very Pretty IJ, love the colors!

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:50 pm
by Dakota
Thanks, guys!

Susann: She is kept separate.

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:53 pm
by Dakota

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:51 pm
by Toria Dawn
What a peach! Haha… she's sweet, her tail looks nice too!!

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:00 pm
by Dakota
Toria Dawn wrote:What a peach! Haha… she's sweet, her tail looks nice too!!

Yeah, very pretty markings! Her tail is sooooooooooo small.. she is really small herself.. I compared her to my smallest Merauke, and she is just about 2 inch longer. My Meraukes are only 7 months old! :lol:

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:03 pm
by Toria Dawn
Aw how old is she?

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:06 pm
by Dakota
I would assume about 3 years old.. at the least 2 years.

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:08 pm
by Toria Dawn
So just a wee lass lol

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:38 pm
by Scincoides
Beautiful skink Dakota. Congrats. You definitely should read up on quarantining new arrivals. 90 days is best, just to be on the safe side. :)

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 pm
by Dakota
Thanks! I never even thought of quarantining her/him.. usually I don't put any of my animals together (..besides my baby Meraukes, which are getting separated Saturday) so it never came to mind.. :oops: I will do it from now on, though.

Here are some sexing photos.. I thought she was a "she", but basing of the tail-base.. makes me rethink.. tell me what you guys think:

Re: Meet London!

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:16 pm
by Dakota
Nobody want to take a shot at guessing?