I recently acquired my skink and it spends most of it's time in one of two hides (The hot end) Though he does come out occasionally to bask.. I assume this is pretty normal since it was shipped across the country and is probably fatigued. So, back to the question... How active is a healthy skink? And, when is it a problem that a vet should check out. Thanks in advance! (My bad if this was in the Care sheet. I've read it a couple times though I may have missed this part, so sorry)
-Shawn
How active is your skink?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Ethroes
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:43 pm
- Country:
- Location: US, Ohio
- Kurt
- Bluey Addict

- Posts: 629
- Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
- Country:
- Location: Southern Oregon
Re: How active is your skink?
It varies so much that I don't know how to generalize their activity. Some days my guys are restless and won't stop roaming. Other days they are hiding 99% of the time. I wouldn't worry about the activity unless the skink isn't eating and is losing weight. If your skink is basking he's probably fine. Make sure the temps are correct, that can affect a skinks activity.
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
- StaceyLeigh
- Northern Love

- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: CNY
- Contact:
Re: How active is your skink?
I agree it varies much from day to day. I do find that my male in general is more active. He roams the tank much more than the 2 others, but there are days he is hiding much of the day. Since your skink is new, he/she is still settling in, they usually hide most of the time when they are new.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 287 guests
