Few Pics

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Few Pics

Postby Katrina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:06 pm

I haven't posted pictures in long time. I grabbed a few today of whoever was out and about...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Few Pics

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Some of the best Meraukes out there!
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Few Pics

Postby Dakota » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:09 pm

So jealous! Both Skinks and cage!
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
Scincoides
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1900
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 6:57 pm
Country:
Location: Arizona

Re: Few Pics

Postby Scincoides » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:15 pm

Your set ups are spectacular. I am envious in every way. The skinks look amazing as well
Austin & Danielle
12.28.12 Northerns
4.6.2 Kei Island
12.6.2 Meraukes
3.4.8 Irian Jayas
2.5.3 Easterns
1.2 Halmahera
1.1 Indonesian
2.3 Tanimbar
0.0.1 Blotched
1.0 Egernia Striolata
1.1 Egernia Cunninghami
1.1 Egernia C. Krefti
1.2 Bellatorias frerei
1.1 H. Gerrardii

http://www.scincoides.com
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Few Pics

Postby Dakota » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:22 pm

How long did it take you to build a collection like that? Skink wise.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Few Pics

Postby Katrina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:31 pm

It's take me 6-7 years I guess. I didn't really have more than three or four until about 3 years ago.

The enclosures are fantastic - PCV plastic, so lightweight and easy to clean (but take up a lot of room!). 4 x 2.5 x 1.5, with every heat lamp on an individual dimmer. I also have little fans in there to improve air circulation... it cost a ton but I'm incredibly happy with the enclosures. I also spent a lot on decorations etc. over the years - it's overkill but I like it.

Skinks aren't all mine - one of the lovely Meraukes in those pics is actually Mel's. :D
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: Few Pics

Postby Spindown » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:38 pm

It is definitely costly, but its such a great feeling to do it! I cant wait until I finish the rest of my bluey cages!
Your setups look awesome! I like the fans!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Few Pics

Postby Dakota » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Katrina wrote:It's take me 6-7 years I guess. I didn't really have more than three or four until about 3 years ago.

The enclosures are fantastic - PCV plastic, so lightweight and easy to clean (but take up a lot of room!). 4 x 2.5 x 1.5, with every heat lamp on an individual dimmer. I also have little fans in there to improve air circulation... it cost a ton but I'm incredibly happy with the enclosures. I also spent a lot on decorations etc. over the years - it's overkill but I like it.

Skinks aren't all mine - one of the lovely Meraukes in those pics is actually Mel's. :D

The cages are stunning.. Can you get the material at a hardware store?
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Few Pics

Postby Katrina » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Dakota Nivens wrote:The cages are stunning.. Can you get the material at a hardware store?


No, it's plastic - I have no idea how they are manufactured. I got them from: http://www.cornelsworld.com/ But you can't bend and shape PCVX at home.
User avatar
Dakota
Snail Hunter
Snail Hunter
Posts: 5212
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
Country: US

Re: Few Pics

Postby Dakota » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Katrina wrote:
Dakota Nivens wrote:The cages are stunning.. Can you get the material at a hardware store?


No, it's plastic - I have no idea how they are manufactured. I got them from: http://www.cornelsworld.com/ But you can't bend and shape PCVX at home.

Thanks! I'm trying to find some good material, and the cost so I can update ALL my cages..
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
ssr
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:34 pm
Country:
Location: Iowa

Re: Few Pics

Postby ssr » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:45 pm

It was great to see pictures of your skinks. They are an impressive looking group and their enclosures look great.
User avatar
Scotts1au
Great Scott
Great Scott
Posts: 4362
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
Country:
Location: Central Victoria, Australia

Re: Few Pics

Postby Scotts1au » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Great collection, and setup.
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Few Pics

Postby Lea » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:13 am

Very one is looking great, Kat.

Who's this? I love the pattern!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Few Pics

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:30 am

I think that is Nevada.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Few Pics

Postby Lea » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Thank you, ML. He sure is pretty. :love:
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil
Posts: 9769
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
Country:
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Few Pics

Postby Katrina » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks all. Lea - that is Nevada, an incredible looking Merauke. Very unique coloring, very orange. I'd love to find a nice mate for Nevada, but I have enough trouble finding ladies let alone matching ladies for the pretty men I have!
User avatar
Susann
ADMIN
ADMIN
Posts: 4022
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Country: USA
Location: Utah

Re: Few Pics

Postby Susann » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:04 pm

You need to move to the U.S. so we can pair up our Meraukes!!!
Breeder and keeper of Meraukes from 2010 to 2022.
User avatar
El Lobo
The Blotched Brigade
The Blotched Brigade
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mountains Australia

Re: Few Pics

Postby El Lobo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:40 pm

I've always been very impressed with that setup and all the well cared for occupants.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: Few Pics

Postby Kurt » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:04 pm

Wow!! Very jealous of your set ups and skinks. Your tanks are pretty much my dream set up. Would love to see pics of those guys more often as well!
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: Few Pics

Postby Spindown » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:29 pm

BTW, what are your tanks sitting on? Mine are now on the floor, and its a weird height for me to access the bottom one.
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 204 guests