Page 1 of 1
Ear plug or membrane?
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:20 am
by Bumblebat
My skink has just had her first shed since being with me. I checked her thoroughly and it seems like all of the shed is gone, but deep(ish) in her ear canal are very thin transparent membranes. Is this the ear plug that I need to pull out, or is it something important that I shouldn't touch?
Re: Ear plug or membrane?
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:33 am
by UroFreak13
Unless you saw the plug come out before it is the plug, whatever you do DONT STICK ANYTHING IN HIS/HER EAR!
Re: Ear plug or membrane?
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:37 am
by Fatal_S
There is always a membrane inside the ear. It is supposed to be there and should never be touched.
Re: Ear plug or membrane?
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:45 am
by Bumblebat
That's what I figured. Thanks guys. I wouldn't put anything in her ear. My boyfriend had just never seen it, and I wanted to double check just to ease his mind.
Re: Ear plug or membrane?
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:57 am
by Katrina
Always good to make sure.

Re: Ear plug or membrane?
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:29 pm
by Jeff
Retained shed in the ear is VERY easy to remove with just your fore finger and thumb. Anything that doesn't come out easily this way should be left alone.
Re: Ear plug or membrane?
Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:42 pm
by Bumblebat
Prompt and excellent replies as per usual. Thank you, everyone!