Odd Bluey Behavior
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 am
So i've had my new bts for about 2 weeks.
Shes 8inches snout to vent, 14inches in total. She weighs 147 grams. Shes been IDed as an Iran Jaya.
I purchased her from DTS Herps on Kingsnake.com. The ad said she was captive hatched but hes only had the animal for about 3 weeks so theres no gaurantee on that. Shes currently living in a 75 gallon tank with aspen shavings for bedding. She has 3 hides, a basking rock, a heatting pad under one hide and a heat lamp. She has a day and night lamp sense it gets really cold at night due to her cage being right by a window. All of my temps are within normal range according to the care info on this site.
I've been keeping handling minimal sense shes still in the adjustment piriod.
Now onto her weird behavior. My adult Meruake wakes up within one to two hours of me turning on lights in the morning (around 9am)
Nebbers dosen't wanna wake up until 5pm. If I try and wake her up before that she'll just crawl back into her hide and lay on her heat mat. I put her food in around noon like I do for my other aniamls and that dosen't bring her out of hiding either.
Shes been eatting normal which leads me to my next issue.
She hasn't had a solid stool sense her arrival here. Shes been being fed a mix of Collard greens, dandelion greens, green beans,carrots, peas and some crested gecko MRP as a treat.
I thought the stool might be runny because of the CGD so I choose not to feed it again and the runs continued. I thought maybe it was my diet all together so I got some Kale this time around and mixed in some squash and shes still having problems.
I scheduled a vet appointment for next week but is there any advice in the meantime you folks could give me?
I'm afraid it's a parasite. I've given her two water dishes so she dosen't get dehydrated but is there anything else in the meantime I can do?
Thanks in advance for any help. Heres a pic of the little one.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22595
Shes 8inches snout to vent, 14inches in total. She weighs 147 grams. Shes been IDed as an Iran Jaya.
I purchased her from DTS Herps on Kingsnake.com. The ad said she was captive hatched but hes only had the animal for about 3 weeks so theres no gaurantee on that. Shes currently living in a 75 gallon tank with aspen shavings for bedding. She has 3 hides, a basking rock, a heatting pad under one hide and a heat lamp. She has a day and night lamp sense it gets really cold at night due to her cage being right by a window. All of my temps are within normal range according to the care info on this site.
I've been keeping handling minimal sense shes still in the adjustment piriod.
Now onto her weird behavior. My adult Meruake wakes up within one to two hours of me turning on lights in the morning (around 9am)
Nebbers dosen't wanna wake up until 5pm. If I try and wake her up before that she'll just crawl back into her hide and lay on her heat mat. I put her food in around noon like I do for my other aniamls and that dosen't bring her out of hiding either.
Shes been eatting normal which leads me to my next issue.
She hasn't had a solid stool sense her arrival here. Shes been being fed a mix of Collard greens, dandelion greens, green beans,carrots, peas and some crested gecko MRP as a treat.
I thought the stool might be runny because of the CGD so I choose not to feed it again and the runs continued. I thought maybe it was my diet all together so I got some Kale this time around and mixed in some squash and shes still having problems.
I scheduled a vet appointment for next week but is there any advice in the meantime you folks could give me?
I'm afraid it's a parasite. I've given her two water dishes so she dosen't get dehydrated but is there anything else in the meantime I can do?
Thanks in advance for any help. Heres a pic of the little one.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22595