Page 1 of 1

What is her gender?

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:24 pm
by Dakota
This is my Irian Jaya that recently passed away.

I know it doesn't not matter now, but what do you think her gender is?

I had her brumating, and was going to get a male (They said he fought with a proven male).

While I was brumating her, I think she got a respiritory infection.. I did not know of it, since I would not hold her, though I would unbury her, and tickle her (..too make sure she would move.)

I stayed away about 3 days (..in the middle of brumation), came back she passed away, with bubbles in her nose, mouth. It was a very sad day that day.

..but back to the point..

I was thinking she was a bit femine.. and I know it's only like 30% right (going by appearance).. along with the 50% possibilty of either male/female

Re: What is her gender?

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 pm
by Katrina
There is really no way to tell from those photos....

Re: What is her gender?

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 pm
by Fatal_S
I will guess female, but my guesses are about as useful as tossing a coin. She just looks more like my Izuru (female IJ) than my Mizu (male IJ) in body-shape. Not exactly a big sample size though :lol:

Re: What is her gender?

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:34 pm
by Dakota
Katrina wrote:There is really no way to tell from those photos....

I thought the first one is the one everyone wants.. the so called "bird's eye" view.. :noknow:

Re: What is her gender?

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:36 pm
by Dakota
Fatal_S wrote:I will guess female, but my guesses are about as useful as tossing a coin. She just looks more like my Izuru (female IJ) than my Mizu (male IJ) in body-shape. Not exactly a big sample size though :lol:

I have a picture of her whole body outside basking, but it is a far away view, so didn't post it. :D

Re: What is her gender?

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:37 pm
by Katrina
We need the entire body, including tail, preferably straight... that would be ideal. Not seeing the tail or tail base isn't very helpful.

Re: What is her gender?

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 pm
by Dakota
Here you go.

Re: What is her gender?

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:59 pm
by SnakeCharmr728
aw, im sorry for your loss! I recognize her photos from repticon's bts day... she/he was beautiful!