What kind of bluey is this?
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Merlin_Aurora
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:57 am
- Country:
- Location: Ohio, U.S.A
What kind of bluey is this?
My friend has gotten a blue tongue named Merlin. We have tried to identify but we're having trouble doing so. I've taken a few pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Looks Irian Jaya..
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Irian Jaya
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
That is a really cool looking skink that is most likely an IJ, but I would love to see some more pictures of it. Especially a birds-eye view straight down from above with the body and tail in as straight a line as possible.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
-
Merlin_Aurora
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:57 am
- Country:
- Location: Ohio, U.S.A
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Thank you! I'll get the best Birdseye view I can tomorrow. This poor dood has mites, a mouth infection, and worms. ): he's on meds for the last 2 things and we've treated him for mites with Natural Chemistry. Unfortunately, frontline too. It's my friends and her mother refused to believe he could die. The vet had recommended it so she refused to believe she would recommend a bad product. Question: he's not an adult yet, and I plan on getting a female(IJ now) and breed them. Once he's back to eating normal and the mites, infection, and worms are gone, would it be a good idea to breed him? It wouldn't be until next year.
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Merlin_Aurora wrote:Thank you! I'll get the best Birdseye view I can tomorrow. This poor dood has mites, a mouth infection, and worms. ): he's on meds for the last 2 things and we've treated him for mites with Natural Chemistry. Unfortunately, frontline too. It's my friends and her mother refused to believe he could die. The vet had recommended it so she refused to believe she would recommend a bad product. Question: he's not an adult yet, and I plan on getting a female(IJ now) and breed them. Once he's back to eating normal and the mites, infection, and worms are gone, would it be a good idea to breed him? It wouldn't be until next year.
I don't see anything wrong with future breeding.. as long as you think he can handle it, and he is healthy, it all depends on you. I hope to get into breeding here soon.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Jeff wrote:That is a really cool looking skink that is most likely an IJ, but I would love to see some more pictures of it. Especially a birds-eye view straight down from above with the body and tail in as straight a line as possible.
Is it me or does it look like the Irian Jaya that Fatal produced?
Sort of Merauke-ish.
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
The reason I like it is because it's so "meaty". Just a really solid looking skink. The regen tail is almost a positive with this guy. I would just really like to see more angles of it.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Aren't alot of IJ's like that though?
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
The nice ones are, but those don't seem to be real common lately. I'm not even a big fan of the Indonesian varieties of bts. I just appreciate a cool one when I see it. This one looks really cool to me.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Jeff wrote:The nice ones are, but those don't seem to be real common lately. I'm not even a big fan of the Indonesian varieties of bts. I just appreciate a cool one when I see it. This one looks really cool to me.
I realized that when you sold your Meraukes...

- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Who said I sold them?
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- xxmonitorlizardxx
- Walks with Squirrels

- Posts: 4050
- Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
- Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
- Country:
- Location: NJ, USA
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Jeff wrote:Who said I sold them?
Kat said you worked something out, I only assumed that meant' money.
But giving them away would be worse because, that show that you dislike gigases even more...
What's your opinion on breeding this animal?
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:...But giving them away would be worse because, that show that you dislike gigases even more...
Seriously? You think money = like? I have given away many skinks over the years. Most of them I liked a LOT. How much I like them has nothing to do with how much money I can get for them. It has a lot more to do with the person that is getting the skink than the skink itself. Sheesh! I love all Tiliqua! I just don't have the ability currently to keep a large breeding group of each individual species and sub-species. That is why I chose to temporarily stop keeping gigas.
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Wow - money does not equal like. You have a lot to learn, ML.
Money is nothing. Respect for these creatures is everything. Their monetary value should have anything to do with it at all. All of them should be respected equally as a living creature, no matter their monetary value.
Sorry - this is getting off topic. Please discuss the original post!
Money is nothing. Respect for these creatures is everything. Their monetary value should have anything to do with it at all. All of them should be respected equally as a living creature, no matter their monetary value.
Sorry - this is getting off topic. Please discuss the original post!
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Though I'm sure it was painful to the skink, the stub tail is actually quite cute!
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
- Scotts1au
- Great Scott

- Posts: 4362
- Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 am
- Country:
- Location: Central Victoria, Australia
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Wow looks like a stumpy with stripes. 
If you wait, all that happens is that you get older. M. Andretti
- Katrina
- The Daredevil

- Posts: 9769
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Alberta, Canada
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
dakotanivens wrote:Though I'm sure it was painful to the skink, the stub tail is actually quite cute!
Not painful at all - they lose their tails fairly easily and they heal without too many issues and regenerate to some degree (as seen in the picture). But that skink is not in pain because of the regen tail.
- Dakota
- Snail Hunter

- Posts: 5212
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:30 pm
- Your Facebook name: Dakota Nivens
- Country: US
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
I was talking about maybe he was getting attacked, the cause of the lost tail.
"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man." — Charles Darwin
-
Merlin_Aurora
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:57 am
- Country:
- Location: Ohio, U.S.A
Re: What kind of bluey is this?
Haha, I'll get plenty more pictures today from all types of angles. We're having issues getting him to eat. We've provided elaborate meals with tons of verities and he sniffs them but doesn't eat. Could it be the mouth rot? Or something else?
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 219 guests
