Hello from the new guy and an ID

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
ttreptile1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Hello from the new guy and an ID

Postby ttreptile1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:51 pm

Howdy all, first post. Love the site! A little about myself.

I've been into keeping and breeding pythons, boas and Eastern Indigos for many years (around 20 or so). I had to take a break for the past 10 years due severe depression issues and losing my snake room to flooding. However, as of late my awesome children have been helping me climb out of a very long funk and helping me rediscover the awesome passion I once had. Although this time around by adding a new family member, a blue tongue skink. We have gotten alot of awesome info from this site and I look forward to reading as much as I can. As I don't like to jump head first into something without having every once of info I can get before making the purchase.

We have the cage ready to go and I have been watching and adjusting temps over the past two weeks to be sure it's ready and steady. We will be making a 2 hour drive from eastern PA to New Jersey tomorrow to pick up our new friend. I was wondering if you all could help me ID him. As I said before I love to have as much info as possible so I can care for my reptiles with the up most confidence. I think he is a Maruke but I wanted to see what you thought. The following picture is from the lizard's owners fashion photo shoot. I don't agree with the use of the lizard against the foe lizard skin purse but it's the only pic I could get while she was away at college.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson

Re: Hello from the new guy and an ID

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:56 pm

That Skink is a Merauke. I have one too! :2thumbs:
Last edited by xxmonitorlizardxx on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
Jeff
Vladik Pippery
Vladik Pippery

Postby Jeff » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:03 pm

What I think Monitorlizard meant to say was, that's a great looking BTS that looks like a merauke from the picture. We are trying hard to get him to be more polite. It has been an uphill battle so far.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you stick around in spite of the annoying members. :wink:
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
ttreptile1
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby ttreptile1 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks. I plan to hang around. A lot of great info. The care sheet alone is the best I have seen for any reptile in 30 years. Awesome job.
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman

Postby Bird_Brain » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Great looking merauke! Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to ask any questions you have!
Brad
Katrina
The Daredevil
The Daredevil

Postby Katrina » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:28 pm

Welcome!! Sounds like you're the perfect owner - experience with reptiles and doing research. :D I'm sure you'll give him a great home.
ReiDaPanda
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby ReiDaPanda » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:14 am

it looks like a maruke but im no expert and want to start breeding my maruke and was hopeing to find a male for my self but thats a tad difficult in colorado i found and had to head to arora to get mine which was a bit rough so if i could get some help here that be great.
Janella
ADMIN
ADMIN
Your Facebook name: Janella Poch

Postby Janella » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:49 pm

Welcome to the forum and gorgeous Merauke! My Noodles is a Merauke and the best lizard I have ever owned. My 5 year old loves him to pieces and carries him around all over the place, sings to him, watches TV and videos together, and reads together.
ThatOneReptileNoob
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby ThatOneReptileNoob » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 am

Howdy! Hope you enjoy your new pet! :D

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”