First snail- question
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 pm
My skink had her very first snail today. She knew exactly what to do with it. She slurped it right up and looked at me for more.
My question is- it was a pond snail that came from one of my tanks (I have a huge surplus) and it was fairly small so she swallowed it whole. Can she become impacted from swallowing them whole? I doubt it because if it were big she would have crunched down on the shell and she would have been able to digest the pieces.
Is it dangerous to feed her smaller snails that she swallows whole?
My question is- it was a pond snail that came from one of my tanks (I have a huge surplus) and it was fairly small so she swallowed it whole. Can she become impacted from swallowing them whole? I doubt it because if it were big she would have crunched down on the shell and she would have been able to digest the pieces.
Is it dangerous to feed her smaller snails that she swallows whole?