I know it's been a while since I've been on. I was going to make my comeback by posting some new pics of my skinks this weekend but I couldn't wait to post this when I found out:
So my daughter was checking out the SciShow (with Hank from the vlogbrothers) and she found out the featured animal this week was a Blue Tongue!!!
Emily and Hank Meet a Blue-Tongued Skink: SciShow Talk Show Episode 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkeeRKTM6xE&feature=share&list=UUZYTClx2T1of7BRZ86-8fow
SciShow is featuring a BTS this week!!!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- ExtremeJustin
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 198
- Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:23 am
- Country: USA
- Location: Tampa,Florida
SciShow is featuring a BTS this week!!!
No, it's a SKINK not a SKUNK. Er, no, it's not a Blue Tongued Skank---although I do think I dated one of those at some point.
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)
• 0.1.0 Eastern Blue Tongued Skink (Thor[a])
R.I.P:
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Lou)
1.0.0 Dwarf Bunny (Mars, the Tie Dye Bunny)
• 0.0.1 Indonesian Blue Tongued Skink (Inari)
- StaceyLeigh
- Northern Love

- Posts: 1576
- Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 4:24 pm
- Country: USA
- Location: CNY
- Contact:
Re: SciShow is featuring a BTS this week!!!
Thanks for posting this. My 11 year old will love watching this with me later!
- Jeff
- Vladik Pippery

- Posts: 5684
- Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm
- Country:
- Location: Arizona, USA
- Contact:
Re: SciShow is featuring a BTS this week!!!
I always like to watch this kind of thing done on BTS. It looked like the poor guy was missing all of his toes though. It was also nice to find out that their tails will grow back in about a year. 
6.10.9 T. s. intermedia
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
2.2.7 T. s. scincoides
1.2.1 T. nigrolutea
2.2.0 T. r. rugosa
1.2.3 T.g. keyensis
2.0.5 T.s. chimaera
0.0.0. T. occipitalis
0.0.0. T. multifasciata
http://www.btskinks.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluetong ... 846297977#
- Katydid11
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 73
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:38 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ithaca, NY
Re: SciShow is featuring a BTS this week!!!
I looked on the Animal Wonders website and found out that the skink featured, Blueberry, came to them missing toes. They actually address that in her profile: http://www.animalwonders.org/blueberry.html Thought I'd share that info! She is very cute.
• 1.0 Eastern- "Sasujee"
• 0.1 Northern
• 2.3 Dogs- Mixed breed variety pack- "Francie", "Mooshu", "Charlie", "Mogwai", "Clover"
• 1.0 Cat- "Sally"
• 7.0 foster rats
• 4.6 Birmingham Roller Pigeons
• 21.4 Chickens
• 0.1 Northern
• 2.3 Dogs- Mixed breed variety pack- "Francie", "Mooshu", "Charlie", "Mogwai", "Clover"
• 1.0 Cat- "Sally"
• 7.0 foster rats
• 4.6 Birmingham Roller Pigeons
• 21.4 Chickens
- BruinsEv
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 209
- Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Zalder
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 68
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 pm
- Country:
- Location: New York, The United States of America
Re: SciShow is featuring a BTS this week!!!
I love vlogbrothers and scishow, so when I saw they were doing things with animal wonders, I could wait for blueberry. I was excited when I saw they got to her. 
"for there is nothing/either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Hamlet, in Hamlet by Shakespeare
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 305 guests
