Experiences with baby BTS??
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:08 pm
I am hoping to get another Eastern BTS and was thinking of getting a baby. I got Sasujee, my Eastern as a juvenile in 2006. I can't remember exactly how old she was... 6 months or a little bit older. I lucked out with her, as she is super sweet and very easy to handle. My other skinks have been rescues, arriving as adults with missing toes/tail tips and bad attitudes. I'm thinking that it must be amazing to get a skink as a baby and watch him or her grow, change color and develop a personality. I'm also thinking that...in general... a baby who is handled from youth has a good chance at being more comfortable with people than one who is not handled until adulthood. I'd like another Eastern who is easy to handle and wonder the best way to make that happen.
Other than needing more care and having some uncertainty about what their temperament or coloring will be... are there other reasons to buy an adult over a baby?
Also, could someone tell me at what age reputable breeders generally ship? How small are these babies when they arrive?
Other than needing more care and having some uncertainty about what their temperament or coloring will be... are there other reasons to buy an adult over a baby?
Also, could someone tell me at what age reputable breeders generally ship? How small are these babies when they arrive?