Page 1 of 1
Bliss is ... a mum !!
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:52 pm
by Lauriek
bb1.jpg
bb1.jpg
Last September (spring here in Aust), Bailey (boy blotchie) was chasing Barnum (girl blotchie) and their 3 remaining offspring around the viv.
I put Bailey in with the shingles. Solomon & Sheba totally ignored him. They found his stories of his sexual exploits quite boring. Bailey explained he was the man of the moment and all he wanted to do was get out of viv and find the girls. The shingles looked suitably bored with this idea, although Sheba became very eager whenever the viv door was opened.
DH decided one day to "help me with the lizards"

and thought Bailey needed a change of secenery and so put him in with Bliss ...
and the rest, they say, is history !!
They arrived on the weekend ...
Cutness factor off the scale.

Re: Bliss is ...
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:13 am
by Linnea
cuuuuute <3
Re: Bliss is ...
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:09 am
by Scotts1au

good to see you back here Laurie.
Re: Bliss is ...
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:22 am
by Richard.C
Nice sized litter laurie,like there silverness and patterning,early litter for blotchies in melb,guess they are indoors which helps,hope that kicks a few of mine in the pants,they must be getting close
Re: Bliss is ...
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:43 am
by Lauriek
Richard, I really didn't want more lizards

I seem to be able to breed blotchies.
They're so cute, honestly.
Even at this young age those jaws are strong.
One bit me.
Thanks, Scott.
I have missed this site but life took me in other directions for a while.
Know anyone who wants to buy blotchies?
I can't keep them all.
I'll have to put the two older girls in with each other and Bailey by himself.

Re: Bliss is ...
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 am
by Lauriek
Richard.C wrote:Nice sized litter laurie,like there silverness and patterning,early litter for blotchies in melb,guess they are indoors which helps,hope that kicks a few of mine in the pants,they must be getting close
Well, no, they're not actually indoors as such but on the verandah which faces south - the cold side of the house. They all brumated last winter. When they started to emerge in the spring I turned the viv lights back on and also the heat lamps.
Re: Bliss is ...
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:27 am
by Richard.C
Ahh thats right,i remember you mentioning that in the past,i guess the heating helps,especially when outdoor temps are so inconsistant here
If they brumate and sense outdoors coolness and have a slow wake up,inconsistant temps its hard to stop them breeding,especially if females have good weight on
Juvies certainly bite well,my worst ever bite was a newborn lowlands which eas the runt,latched on to little finger and hung on,lol
Wasnt even a feisty baby,but must have startled it
Re: Bliss is ...
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:11 am
by Lea
What a happy accident! They are beautiful, Laurie! I'm looking forward to seeing more of them!
Re: Bliss is ...
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:19 am
by StaceyLeigh
Oh how I wish we could ship these here! Blotchies are my favorite next to Northerns! The babies are so cute

Re: Bliss is ...
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 pm
by Lauriek
Now I know that Bliss really is a girl ! Mind you, I suspected it all the time.
Re: Bliss is ... a mum !!
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:22 pm
by RoryBreaker
Good healthy looking skinks.
Re: Bliss is ... a mum !!
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:52 pm
by El Lobo
Hi Laurie, good to see you back and with such a pleasant surprise.
The little ones all look bright and healthy.
Re: Bliss is ... a mum !!
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm
by Lauriek
Thanks, Norm. I've got more lizards that I can shake a stick at !!!
Re: Bliss is ... a mum !!
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:55 pm
by Jeff
They look great! I really wish we had lowlands over here.
Re: Bliss is ... a mum !!
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:53 pm
by Spindown
BABIES! So adorable, grats!