Page 1 of 1

Enclosures

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:23 pm
by Reptile- mad
Hello,
I would really like to see some pics of enclosures and what you use for hides, substrate etc. I use snake bedding for my substrate and a shoebox and a proper reptile hide for hides.

Re: Enclosures

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:25 pm
by Sarikazam
I have a triple stacked melamine enclosure someone in town made that I am using for my guys. For hides I have some large bark pieces that I sterilized, a half log hide, some fake plants and some containers I cut a hole in (One humid hide each) and buried under substrate to look nicer. For substrate my Northern is using a coconut mulch/ fibre blend and my Merauke is using aspen shavings. But that is just because that is what they always used, not for any other reason really.

Your set up looks very nice! I love the wood, melamine is quite boring.

Re: Enclosures

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:51 pm
by Reptile- mad
Wow! I think I need to get some more hides :oops:

Re: Enclosures

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:00 pm
by Sarikazam
Reptile- mad wrote:Wow! I think I need to get some more hides :oops:

It all depends on your skink :P
I am pretty sure my Merauke would be happy with just a tank full of aspen, as he just loves to dig. But my Northern likes to climb over and through things.

Re: Enclosures

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:49 pm
by Kcjames
These are really nice. I thought about a boaphile or vision style cage but decided to go with a 75.
I'm so excited to set it up tomorrow!

Re: Enclosures

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:45 pm
by Spindown
Sarikazam I love the naturalistic look to your cages! I will post pics this month when my prototype XPVC cage is fully finished.