.... but then my worry kicks in.... yogurts not going to hurt him will it?????????
crackerjack stole some yogurt....
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
taniya91
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 234
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 pm
- Country:
- Location: saint louis
crackerjack stole some yogurt....
i was watching tv eating yogurt and crackerjack was chilling on my lap....i got into the show and did one of those -rest the food on your lap and forget there is an animal there too things- ive done it with my cat and icecream before and lost my icecream...anyways my yogurt cup started moving i looked down and crackerjack is trying to pick all the fruit chunks out of it he got a nice mouth full of yogurt...now seeing a skink with a beard of yogurt was quite amusing and he wasnt happy about the bath he then got....
.... but then my worry kicks in.... yogurts not going to hurt him will it?????????
please say no
.... but then my worry kicks in.... yogurts not going to hurt him will it?????????
- Linnea
- Swedish Flower

- Posts: 1781
- Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm
- Country:
- Location: Sweden
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
pretty sure it will be okay. he will have a tummy ache and it will come out.
but you dont want to feed your bluey diary products. they cant digest milk like most humans can.
but you dont want to feed your bluey diary products. they cant digest milk like most humans can.
Litchie, northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
Pomme (Pomelo), northern 1.0
- Coomassie
- The Inked Chemist

- Posts: 1826
- Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
- Country:
- Location: Newark, DE
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
Coomassie has gotten into more people food than I care to admit to. He once ran off with half an english muffin. I got it away from him before he got more than a bite but the fact is BTS are scavengers. I'm sure wild ones have eaten far worse. I wouldn't make a habit of it but there is probably no need to worry.
Cay T.
- Vegasarah
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 152
- Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
I've heard of people giving small amount of yogurt to BTS to help with stomach issues due to illness or medication! It's nothing to worry about, it will not harm him. Might get some weird poo out of him but I wouldn't panic 
-
taniya91
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 234
- Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 pm
- Country:
- Location: saint louis
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
well thats a relief ...he is acting like his normal self so i dont think he is having any tummy problems... guess we will find out when he poops if it looks funny ...he rather enjoyed himself and looked proud for managing to steal my yogurt but i got him back with the bath 
next time i wont eat yogurt and let crackerjack sit on my lap though...lesson learned
next time i wont eat yogurt and let crackerjack sit on my lap though...lesson learned
- tylociraptor
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 299
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:36 pm
- Country:
- Location: NB, Canada
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
Coomassie wrote:Coomassie has gotten into more people food than I care to admit to. He once ran off with half an english muffin. I got it away from him before he got more than a bite but the fact is BTS are scavengers. I'm sure wild ones have eaten far worse. I wouldn't make a habit of it but there is probably no need to worry.
I can't help but laugh at the mental image of a skink running off with an english muffin in it's mouth, LOL!! So cute!
@ Taniya... I have heard of skinks getting into worse things. In the wild they'll happily snack on dead, rotting wallaby and saltbush, neither are things you'd want to offer in captivity, I'm sure. While it's something you should definately avoid, accidents happen, especially if you have food near your bluies. That's why I wait till after I've eaten to let Misha out. It's not too bad if she ate my veggies, but I can't imagine her touching something processed!
But your post gives me the nice idea to feed her berries on my lap while I watch Netflix with her... sounds like a great time.
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
one of mine licked my ice cream bowl semi clean before :/ tutt tut. sneaky skinky
-
Sandlizard
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:19 pm
- Country:
- Location: Malaya
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
Lactose sugar in milk would have been converted into lactic acid in yogurt, accounting for the sour taste. Otherwise there should have been nothing too exotic for a reptile to be eating, i think.
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
I never get tired of telling people about my old IJ that gobbled down a lucky charms marshmellow...She also tried to eat my computer mouse 
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
- Lauriek
- Bluey Devotee

- Posts: 1918
- Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 am
- Country:
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
SapphireTigress wrote:I never get tired of telling people about my old IJ that gobbled down a lucky charms marshmellow...She also tried to eat my computer mouse
eat your computer mouse
I've just fallen about with laughter
Laurie & A Band O' Blotchies - Bliss (RIP). Barnum the Old Blotchie. Binti, the rescued Blotchie. The Shingles - Solomon & Sheba (Miss Houdini)
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
Be humble, because you are made of the Earth. Be noble, because you are made of the Stars. - Serbian proverb.
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
my blueys try to eat the keys on my wireless keyboard :/ might be why the space button is harder to press now days. Also cant wear nail polish, they mistake my fingies for grapes :/
or there is this video of one of my babies. he is obsessed with the rubber lining of the carpet. cant go past it without spending at least half hour trying to munch on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh_kHqOqCSs
or there is this video of one of my babies. he is obsessed with the rubber lining of the carpet. cant go past it without spending at least half hour trying to munch on it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh_kHqOqCSs
- Spindown
- Reptilian Artisan

- Posts: 2680
- Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
- Country:
Re: crackerjack stole some yogurt....
Yeah, they eat really silly things. I have photos of the marshmellow going down her gullet and her trying to eat my mouse, so I have proof 
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 204 guests
