Page 1 of 1

Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 pm
by Hemi101113
I'm a new BTS owner, very new.

I work at a reptile facility and we had some come in and they stole my heart! The one I bought was the smallest, roughly 4"-5" in length. Not sure if they're WC or captive. My boss seems to think they are captive, being as small as they are. All that came on the shipment invoice for them was "Blue Tongue Skink."

Is there any way to tell what kind of BTS I have?

Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm
by Bird_Brain
Post a picture and we could help you.

Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:56 pm
by Hemi101113
It's not the best picture, I will try and take better ones.

Image

Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 pm
by Bird_Brain
I'd say Irian jaya.

Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:49 pm
by Fatal_S
^ I'd agree.

:) Welcome to the addiction!

Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:35 pm
by Spindown
I"d also say Irian Jaya based on this picture. Hes cute! Beware....they grow FAST and are addicting :) I just added my 5th to our "collection"

Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm
by Hemi101113
Thank you guys!

Sapphire, you're so right! We got them in on the thin side, and have bulked them up to good weight. Both my boss and I have noticed our babies have grown a bit since we first got them in a few weeks ago. You're also right about them being addicting. I look forward to getting new shipments in. I've already got dibs on another tiny baby from the last shipment. They're like potato chips, you can't have just one.

Re: Any way to tell what kind of Bluey you have?

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am
by kenn
Hemi101113 wrote:They're like potato chips, you can't have just one.

:hehe:
Once they blue, you can't stop?
Image

Or better:

Once you go blue, you never go back...

:rofl: