Page 1 of 1

Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:32 pm
by justyna.ewa
Hi guys,
This might be me being a hypochondriac again, but I just wanted to know if this has ever happened to anyone before... My bluey was on my shoulder today and when I bent to pick something up, he might have been turned slightly face-down, because clear, odorless liquid just poured out of his mouth. I'm not sure if he 'regurgitated' it per se, or if it just...poured out...? I really don't know. There was quite a bit, I was really surprised (and mortified). It almost seemed like water since it didn't seem to have been digested, but I don't understand how that could be possible... Should I be worried? :s

Re: Blue regurgitating clear liquid...?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:36 pm
by justyna.ewa
He seemed totally unfazed by it, as reptiles often do, and ate pretty much everything I offered him a few minutes later. I hope I can take this as a good sign...

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:17 pm
by Vegasarah
I've had this happen before a few minutes after my sink drank some water. It was probably just that, the water had not moved further into the digestive tract so it came back up more easily. I would wait till the more experienced keepers weigh in, though. :)

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 pm
by justyna.ewa
Okay. I thought that might be it, but I will see what others have to say. Thank you. :)

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:38 pm
by El Lobo
The probability is it was recently swallowed water. However, it is an unsafe practice to carry a BTS around on your shoulder. They have very little grip with their feet and the slightest movement from level can cause them to lose that grip and fall to the ground, resulting in potentially serious injury.

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:23 am
by justyna.ewa
I was also holding him to make sure he didn't fall, but I feel better about the water thing. Thanks.

Re: Bluey regurgitating clear liquid...?

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:25 pm
by Katrina
Yeah, if they just drank and get startled or handled they can spit up the water. It happens. :)