Page 1 of 2
So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:33 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Lets see all of the awesome choices of babies we can expect to pick from!

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:39 pm
by Jeff
Kind of weird you ask right after I was thinking about it, but if things go perfectly, I could have northerns, eye banded easterns, shinglebacks, and blotched this year.

Not expecting all of those, but it IS possible.

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
I remember reading that you got some of Fatal's babies. Are they really dark?
And I thought the blotched were also babies?
Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:07 pm
by Jeff

That's weird. How would I get Mel's babies? It is next to impossible to get skinks across the U.S./Canada border. I only know one agent who has done it succesfully, and she hasn't been to the States lately.
Check with Mel about her babies. I have never had the privilege of seeing one in person.
Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:16 pm
by Fatal_S
ML, you assumed there is only one Jeff in the world. You should probably try checking back in for replies to threads you've commented on. I sold two babies to a man named Jeff who runs a small pet shop here in town.
As a side note, I've had two bosses named Jeff, and right now I work with another two Jeff's. There's definitely more than one Jeff kicking around. None as great of course, but it's a common name.
Anyways, I'm not really doing much for breeding this year. I'm pretty much letting the skinks do whatever they want. So I'm not expecting much of anything for babies. But I suppose it's possible I could have Northerns, Caramel Northerns, Irian Jayas, Silver Tanimbars and Yellow Tanimbars this year. Unlikely, but possible. Most I'm using this year as a rest-and-recuperate year. I'm also keeping an eye out for new skinks to snatch up. Might have to go visit Jeff and his eyeband Easterns...
Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:33 am
by mark_w
Hi guys,
Well, in terms of what is possible? Blue tongues including eyeband easterns, northerns, black and silver (axanthic) gigas. Plus pink tongues, gidgees, southern and central cunningham's, majors and Aussie tree skinks. But, don't put a lot of money on all of those

.
I am on a late cycle and have just today notched down my daylengths and overnight temps as I start to cool mine. They will not be warmed up until second half of March. So I'll have to wait until July or August for babies this year....
All the best,
Mark.
ps. Jeff, lets talk about swapping animals/bloodlines at some point...
Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:44 pm
by Richard.C
2 kimberley northern litters so far,rugosa aspera,westerns,centralians,,highlands and lowlands blotched,maybe an eastern,majorskink,landmullet,southern cunninghams,hosmers maybe gidgees
Kingskinks appear to need another season
Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 pm
by Spindown
Hopefully Northern bubs and (not skink related) KSB babies, with a 50/50 chance of rain...I mean anery & normals

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:47 am
by Scotts1au
Alpine blotched, hopefully 4 or 5 gravid females.
Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 am
by kenn
Not BTS related:
Spiders, snakes (lampropeltis sp.) and I hope to get some lil scorpions this year

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:22 am
by Ellie_A
I will be trying my Irian Jayas for the first time this year

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:27 am
by Nae
Shingles

And with no effort on my part whatsoever - I just following them around the backyard and offer encouragement and strawberries

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:15 am
by mark_w
Richard.C wrote:2 kimberley northern litters so far,rugosa aspera,westerns,centralians,,highlands and lowlands blotched,maybe an eastern,majorskink,landmullet,southern cunninghams,hosmers maybe gidgees
Kingskinks appear to need another season
Rich are you serious? That's is a helluva list of Aussie skinks. If I could pick one it might even be the landmullets. Awesome species. Got any pics?
Mark.
Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:24 am
by Nae
mark_w wrote:Richard.C wrote:2 kimberley northern litters so far,rugosa aspera,westerns,centralians,,highlands and lowlands blotched,maybe an eastern,majorskink,landmullet,southern cunninghams,hosmers maybe gidgees
Kingskinks appear to need another season
Rich are you serious? That's is a helluva list of Aussie skinks. If I could pick one it might even be the landmullets. Awesome species. Got any pics?
Mark.
Here in Aus, Aussie species are the only species we are allowed to keep
Gidgees

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:16 am
by jasjmm27
If all goes well I will have Gidgees again this year. If a miracle happens I may have Aspera and Armadillo babies.

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 pm
by Richard.C
20121213_203611.jpg
Land mullets
Non skink related is caught my varanus flavirufus mating again yesterday,missed the first 2 clutches,so will remove female to lay in doors this time
20121216_172812.jpg
Here she is digging for second clutch,note dried shrivelled egg shes dug up from first clutch,,i didnt dig for first clutch as males poop contained deflated eggshells
3rd time lucky perhaps
Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm
by Spindown
Nae ยป Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:27 am
Shingles
And with no effort on my part whatsoever - I just following them around the backyard and offer encouragement and strawberries

Thats one of the most adorable sentences ever

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:24 pm
by Spankenstyne
More Northerns this year hopefully, and will be giving my Indo's a shot. No expectations on the Indo's but gotta start somewhere with them. At the very least they should hopefully teach me a few things.
Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:36 pm
by Vegasarah
Just Northerns for me this year, though hoping to get some Indos or Merukes this summer to give them a shot next season. Fingers crossed!

Re: So what are you breeding this year?
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:38 pm
by Richard.C
Its great to see more working with the indo varieties