Page 1 of 2

Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:14 am
by Pip12
Hi everyone!
I would love to get a BTS in the next couple of weeks, I've always loved them but never had one of my own! I'm not new to reptiles, I have 2 corn snakes and a bearded dragon :D . I'm super excited to get my very own BTS, I've seen a couple in local reptile shops but my first choice would be to get one from a breeder- so if anyone knows any breeders in Canada, please let me know.
Now in the mean time please show me pics of your BTS feel free to share info :) Thanks for reading!

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:44 am
by Spindown
Welcome! Here are a few photos of my brood.

Zergling: Indonesian male
Image
Image

Creep: non-classic Merauke Female
Image
Image

BroodLord: Northern Female
Image
Image

Overlord: Northern Male
Image
Image

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:14 pm
by Fatal_S
I know a breeder in Canada... :hehe:

You can check out my website for pictures of my skinks and available babies at http://www.MelsExotics.ca
I'd post photos here, but it'd take up the whole thread.

I'm located in Winnipeg, MB and I do have some Northern babies available now and can ship across Canada with Reptile Express, even down to -25*C. That said, there's also a breeder closer to you, Pink T. Monkey, who I adore. He doesn't have any babies left this year, but would hopefully have some come summer. He's a fantastic guy :)

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 pm
by Pip12
@SapphireTigress omg!!! look at those faces, your babies are beautiful! <3
@Fatal_S I saw your website! I'M in love with your babies, I e-mailed you a couple days ago :D. I was really hoping for a northern.
Keep the pics commin people! :hehe:

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:44 pm
by Rani-May
BLOTCHIES!

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:05 am
by Pip12
Rani-May, your guys are extremly good looking! :-D, i've never seen blotched bts before. How comon are they?

I'm loving the close up shots, amazing eyes!

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 am
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Rani-May, your guys are extremly good looking! :-D, i've never seen blotched bts before. How comon are they?

You have pretty much no chance of getting one if you live in Canada, sorry. They are extremely rare outside of Australia.

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:50 am
by Pip12
Thanks! Yup....didn‘t think they were too common, they are gorgeous though :-)

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:39 pm
by El Lobo
Following on from Rani-May's Lowland Blotchy pictures, here are my three Highland Blotchies. Very limited and expensive outside Australia.

DSCF0631.jpg


DSCF0953CR.jpg


DSCF0803C.jpg

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm
by Shortie
This is my Tanimbar, Slinky!

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:58 pm
by Rani-May
Pip12 wrote:Rani-May, your guys are extremly good looking! :-D, i've never seen blotched bts before. How comon are they?

I'm loving the close up shots, amazing eyes!

monitorlizard is right, not so common out of Australia, but thank you :) they are beautiful skinks! You will have to post plenty of pictures whenever you finally get one of your own :) They are fantastic animals.

Loving the first shot of those highlands, in a tight ball there lol.

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm
by Pip12
Great pics El Lobo! Those blotchies are awesome :-) To you and Rani-May, what is their temperment like? If you have other species of BTS..how do you find they differ?

Shortie, this might sound funny but I‘m pretty sure I saw that pic of Slinky with the snail on Instagram (was looking at bts photos) I “liked“ it. Love that pic! He‘s adorable. I think that pic it needs a caption :-D
Thanks to everyone who have posted pics so far, its just adding to my excitment, hopefully I can get my bluey soon. Keep the pics coming:

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 pm
by Richard.C
2012-12-27 16.50.13.png
a hopefully gravid centralian

2012-11-21 17.44.49.png


A pair of WA westerns

2012-12-19 19.31.36.png


Juvenile kunnanurra kimberley northern

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:02 pm
by Shortie
Pip12 wrote:Great pics El Lobo! Those blotchies are awesome :-) To you and Rani-May, what is their temperment like? If you have other species of BTS..how do you find they differ?

Shortie, this might sound funny but I‘m pretty sure I saw that pic of Slinky with the snail on Instagram (was looking at bts photos) I “liked“ it. Love that pic! He‘s adorable. I think that pic it needs a caption :-D
Thanks to everyone who have posted pics so far, its just adding to my excitment, hopefully I can get my bluey soon. Keep the pics coming:


Yeah I posted that on Instragram! My phone takes photos while it takes videos! I spam my instagram with pictures of Slinky lol! What's your instragram username?

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 pm
by Rani-May
Pip12 wrote:Great pics El Lobo! Those blotchies are awesome :-) To you and Rani-May, what is their temperment like? If you have other species of BTS..how do you find they differ?

Shortie, this might sound funny but I‘m pretty sure I saw that pic of Slinky with the snail on Instagram (was looking at bts photos) I “liked“ it. Love that pic! He‘s adorable. I think that pic it needs a caption :-D
Thanks to everyone who have posted pics so far, its just adding to my excitment, hopefully I can get my bluey soon. Keep the pics coming:

Where i live, the only blue tongue skink found here is the Blotchie, and we are not allowed to have skinks imported here in Tasmania, not even from the mainland. Ive always found my blotches to be very laid back and super easy to tame. Will happily sleep on you wherever, whenever. you are basically a warm squishy pillow for them. but that is all blueys for you XD

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:17 pm
by Lea
Shinglebacks. And no, unless you have a friend in customs and quarantine and are willing to bribe, with a great deal of money and gumption, you are exceedingly unlikely to get these in Canada. But as you requested, I shall tease you with photos anyway!


Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 am
by Pip12
Great pics, beautiful blueys Richard C, Your lucky to have such a diverse group! Crossing my fingers for babies...love to see pics of those when they happen.
Leabilby, another good looking bunch! They look huge! or are the pics deceiving me...
Thanks everyone for all the great info re. species,I know a lot about all kinds of animals but I really know nothing about BTS. Before I started researching I thought there was only one kind of BTS... in my defense the smaller skinks seem to be more popular here..:)

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 am
by Pip12
Shortie wrote:Yeah I posted that on Instragram! My phone takes photos while it takes videos! I spam my instagram with pictures of Slinky lol! What's your instragram username?


Awee he‘s an Instagram star! Its ok, mines filled with pics of my animals too! Mine is La_vie_ah
:-D

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:13 am
by Shortie
Awee he‘s an Instagram star! Its ok, mines filled with pics of my animals too! Mine is La_vie_ah
:-D[/quote]

Following you :D

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:24 am
by sd reptiles
:banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

Image