Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Pip12
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, quebec Canada

Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Pip12 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:14 am

Hi everyone!
I would love to get a BTS in the next couple of weeks, I've always loved them but never had one of my own! I'm not new to reptiles, I have 2 corn snakes and a bearded dragon :D . I'm super excited to get my very own BTS, I've seen a couple in local reptile shops but my first choice would be to get one from a breeder- so if anyone knows any breeders in Canada, please let me know.
Now in the mean time please show me pics of your BTS feel free to share info :) Thanks for reading!
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Spindown » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:44 am

Welcome! Here are a few photos of my brood.

Zergling: Indonesian male
Image
Image

Creep: non-classic Merauke Female
Image
Image

BroodLord: Northern Female
Image
Image

Overlord: Northern Male
Image
Image
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Fatal_S » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:14 pm

I know a breeder in Canada... :hehe:

You can check out my website for pictures of my skinks and available babies at http://www.MelsExotics.ca
I'd post photos here, but it'd take up the whole thread.

I'm located in Winnipeg, MB and I do have some Northern babies available now and can ship across Canada with Reptile Express, even down to -25*C. That said, there's also a breeder closer to you, Pink T. Monkey, who I adore. He doesn't have any babies left this year, but would hopefully have some come summer. He's a fantastic guy :)
Pip12
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, quebec Canada

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Pip12 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:32 pm

@SapphireTigress omg!!! look at those faces, your babies are beautiful! <3
@Fatal_S I saw your website! I'M in love with your babies, I e-mailed you a couple days ago :D. I was really hoping for a northern.
Keep the pics commin people! :hehe:
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Rani-May » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:44 pm

BLOTCHIES!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pip12
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, quebec Canada

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Pip12 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:05 am

Rani-May, your guys are extremly good looking! :-D, i've never seen blotched bts before. How comon are they?

I'm loving the close up shots, amazing eyes!
User avatar
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Posts: 4050
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson
Country:
Location: NJ, USA

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 am

Rani-May, your guys are extremly good looking! :-D, i've never seen blotched bts before. How comon are they?

You have pretty much no chance of getting one if you live in Canada, sorry. They are extremely rare outside of Australia.
Last edited by xxmonitorlizardxx on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
Pip12
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, quebec Canada

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Pip12 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:50 am

Thanks! Yup....didn‘t think they were too common, they are gorgeous though :-)
User avatar
El Lobo
The Blotched Brigade
The Blotched Brigade
Posts: 3405
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Blue Mountains Australia

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby El Lobo » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Following on from Rani-May's Lowland Blotchy pictures, here are my three Highland Blotchies. Very limited and expensive outside Australia.

DSCF0631.jpg


DSCF0953CR.jpg


DSCF0803C.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who do not.
User avatar
Shortie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Country:
Location: Scotland

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Shortie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm

This is my Tanimbar, Slinky!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Slinky the Tanimbar :)
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Rani-May » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Pip12 wrote:Rani-May, your guys are extremly good looking! :-D, i've never seen blotched bts before. How comon are they?

I'm loving the close up shots, amazing eyes!

monitorlizard is right, not so common out of Australia, but thank you :) they are beautiful skinks! You will have to post plenty of pictures whenever you finally get one of your own :) They are fantastic animals.

Loving the first shot of those highlands, in a tight ball there lol.
Pip12
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, quebec Canada

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Pip12 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Great pics El Lobo! Those blotchies are awesome :-) To you and Rani-May, what is their temperment like? If you have other species of BTS..how do you find they differ?

Shortie, this might sound funny but I‘m pretty sure I saw that pic of Slinky with the snail on Instagram (was looking at bts photos) I “liked“ it. Love that pic! He‘s adorable. I think that pic it needs a caption :-D
Thanks to everyone who have posted pics so far, its just adding to my excitment, hopefully I can get my bluey soon. Keep the pics coming:
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Richard.C » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 pm

2012-12-27 16.50.13.png
a hopefully gravid centralian

2012-11-21 17.44.49.png


A pair of WA westerns

2012-12-19 19.31.36.png


Juvenile kunnanurra kimberley northern
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Shortie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Country:
Location: Scotland

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Shortie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Pip12 wrote:Great pics El Lobo! Those blotchies are awesome :-) To you and Rani-May, what is their temperment like? If you have other species of BTS..how do you find they differ?

Shortie, this might sound funny but I‘m pretty sure I saw that pic of Slinky with the snail on Instagram (was looking at bts photos) I “liked“ it. Love that pic! He‘s adorable. I think that pic it needs a caption :-D
Thanks to everyone who have posted pics so far, its just adding to my excitment, hopefully I can get my bluey soon. Keep the pics coming:


Yeah I posted that on Instragram! My phone takes photos while it takes videos! I spam my instagram with pictures of Slinky lol! What's your instragram username?
Slinky the Tanimbar :)
User avatar
Rani-May
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
Country:
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Contact:

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Rani-May » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Pip12 wrote:Great pics El Lobo! Those blotchies are awesome :-) To you and Rani-May, what is their temperment like? If you have other species of BTS..how do you find they differ?

Shortie, this might sound funny but I‘m pretty sure I saw that pic of Slinky with the snail on Instagram (was looking at bts photos) I “liked“ it. Love that pic! He‘s adorable. I think that pic it needs a caption :-D
Thanks to everyone who have posted pics so far, its just adding to my excitment, hopefully I can get my bluey soon. Keep the pics coming:

Where i live, the only blue tongue skink found here is the Blotchie, and we are not allowed to have skinks imported here in Tasmania, not even from the mainland. Ive always found my blotches to be very laid back and super easy to tame. Will happily sleep on you wherever, whenever. you are basically a warm squishy pillow for them. but that is all blueys for you XD
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Lea » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:17 pm

Shinglebacks. And no, unless you have a friend in customs and quarantine and are willing to bribe, with a great deal of money and gumption, you are exceedingly unlikely to get these in Canada. But as you requested, I shall tease you with photos anyway!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
Pip12
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, quebec Canada

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Pip12 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:20 am

Great pics, beautiful blueys Richard C, Your lucky to have such a diverse group! Crossing my fingers for babies...love to see pics of those when they happen.
Leabilby, another good looking bunch! They look huge! or are the pics deceiving me...
Thanks everyone for all the great info re. species,I know a lot about all kinds of animals but I really know nothing about BTS. Before I started researching I thought there was only one kind of BTS... in my defense the smaller skinks seem to be more popular here..:)
Pip12
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:42 am
Country:
Location: Montreal, quebec Canada

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Pip12 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 am

Shortie wrote:Yeah I posted that on Instragram! My phone takes photos while it takes videos! I spam my instagram with pictures of Slinky lol! What's your instragram username?


Awee he‘s an Instagram star! Its ok, mines filled with pics of my animals too! Mine is La_vie_ah
:-D
User avatar
Shortie
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
Country:
Location: Scotland

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby Shortie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:13 am

Awee he‘s an Instagram star! Its ok, mines filled with pics of my animals too! Mine is La_vie_ah
:-D[/quote]

Following you :D
Slinky the Tanimbar :)
sd reptiles
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:12 am
Country:
Location: Belgium

Re: Future BTS Owner! plz tease me with cute photos!

Postby sd reptiles » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:24 am

:banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

Image
Just love my coldblooded friends...

0.1 IJ
1.1 Patternless
0.2 Heterozygous Patternless

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 212 guests