Page 1 of 1
Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:33 am
by Helikaon
for those that havnt already seen the photos since i could get onto the forum here for a while. here they are
Haha i may have just bred the tiniest blue tongue ever, not much bigger then a pink tongue from a 550g mum. its a fiesty little bugger two, must have little man syndrome. very cute though, will be interesting if it grows to normal size.




cheers
H.
Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:23 am
by Richard.C
Holy crap thats tiny ,tiny runts often catch up and can be fiesty lil buggers
Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:40 am
by Helikaon
2.75grams total the mum only had one other baby and a heap of slugs the other bub is also tiny at 4.5grams, my normal ones usually average 10g
Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:16 am
by StaceyLeigh
Wow, tiny but so cute

Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:15 am
by Jeff
That is a tiny one! All but one that I have have started out very small have caught up and gone on to be normal size as well. My northern babies are normally 12-18 grams at birth and I have had a couple under 5 grams. I mostly just hate trying to pick them up when they are that small. I'm afraid I'm going to twitch or something, and snap them in half.
Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:00 am
by Lea
Goodness, that is a little one! Hopefully it won't have any internal defects, just from being a little underdeveloped. How old is he now?
Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:07 am
by Helikaon
well hes still kicking as is the other, has had a few small feeds, and is in with my other bubs now so will see how he goes. he is 4 or days oldnow
Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:19 am
by bluewho
Helikaon wrote:2.75grams total the mum only had one other baby and a heap of slugs the other bub is also tiny at 4.5grams, my normal ones usually average 10g
Wow! About 10grams, as low as 8grams (and 6inches long) is when we take Bearded dragon babies home!

What a difference! That is an absolutely darling babe! I want to wrap him in a fleece blankie and hand feed him butterworms! (keep in mind, I have no experience with bluey's

)
Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:22 pm
by LarissaLurid
Wow, how tiny! I'd be curious to see how large this one grows as well
Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:39 pm
by Richard.C
As long as its functioning right it should grow well
I had 2 runts in a kimberley northern litter,tiny compared to there 14 other litter mates,now apart from 4 that have grown really well,you wouldnt know they were runts
Is it just me or does that little tyke have a low band count,be interesting to see how it develops
When did u breed the adults
Re: Smallest bluetongue ever!
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:44 pm
by Helikaon
yeah hes one of bumblebees bubs hence the reduced patterns, but yeah the other tiny one is completly normal just small, this little one im not sure if he will develop as per normal but will see