This was pretty risky for me as he was pretty aggressive towards anything that came into his home. He even used to attack his own food and water bowls!! Anyways, enjoy this little clip of him eating grapes!
Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
- Shortie
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 79
- Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Scotland
Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-R3cix9iWg&feature=plcp
This was pretty risky for me as he was pretty aggressive towards anything that came into his home. He even used to attack his own food and water bowls!! Anyways, enjoy this little clip of him eating grapes!
This was pretty risky for me as he was pretty aggressive towards anything that came into his home. He even used to attack his own food and water bowls!! Anyways, enjoy this little clip of him eating grapes!
Slinky the Tanimbar 
-
CarlyM
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 41
- Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 pm
- Country: Usa
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
Cute!
0.0.1 Northern- Scruffy
1.0.0 Indonesian- Bender
0.0.1 Irian Jaya x Northern- Dil
1.0.0 Indonesian- Bender
0.0.1 Irian Jaya x Northern- Dil
- Vegasarah
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 152
- Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 pm
- Country:
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
I had to start tong-feeding Rocket because he gets into a feeding frenzy whenever anything comes into his tank. Water bowls. food bowls, even my hands. I have to quickly scoop him up when I do take him out because he learned that my hand in tank = food. I'm trying to break that habit and target-train him on the tongs. Just be careful about hand-feeding because it makes things tricky because they learn it fast lol. Cute video!
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
- Shortie
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 79
- Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Scotland
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
Vegasarah wrote:I had to start tong-feeding Rocket because he gets into a feeding frenzy whenever anything comes into his tank. Water bowls. food bowls, even my hands. I have to quickly scoop him up when I do take him out because he learned that my hand in tank = food. I'm trying to break that habit and target-train him on the tongs. Just be careful about hand-feeding because it makes things tricky because they learn it fast lol. Cute video!
I tong feed Slinky most of the time cause of his aggression towards things going in his home in the past. He used to go mad and attack his water dish, food bowls, the feeding tongs and even my fingers and he also cornered my boyfriend one day when he was running about the hall way and tried to eat my boyfriends toes!! But over time he's calmed down. I bought grapes up to snack on and caught him peeking so I decided to hand feed him and see what would happen. But I won't be doing this often incase he does think fingers equal food AGAIN! Lol! Call me crazy, but I kinda miss his aggressive ways!
Slinky the Tanimbar 
- Bluei
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:21 am
- Country:
- Location: Australia
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
Slinky looks amazing! 
May i ask how you came up with your name although?
May i ask how you came up with your name although?
Blue Tongue Lizards , My Lifestyle , My Choice! <3 <3 <3 <3
-
Cleopatra_the_skink
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Canada
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
she looks so cute!! And i love the name slinky that is adorable
- Shortie
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 79
- Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Scotland
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
Bluei wrote:Slinky looks amazing!
May i ask how you came up with your name although?
Originally when I took him home, he was gonna be named 'Satan' because of his hissing and striking towards me and others! Then my boyfriend wanted to call him Slinky because he's very long with short legs like Slinky out of Toy Story! So that's how he got his name
Slinky the Tanimbar 
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
Shortie wrote:Bluei wrote:Slinky looks amazing!
May i ask how you came up with your name although?
Originally when I took him home, he was gonna be named 'Satan' because of his hissing and striking towards me and others! Then my boyfriend wanted to call him Slinky because he's very long with short legs like Slinky out of Toy Story! So that's how he got his name
LOL this is great. and something my bf would think of to name a pet too
- Shortie
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 79
- Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Scotland
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
Just a shame my bf won't commit to handling Slinky
not like he lives here anyways but still lol!
http://www.youtube.com/user/pandora182?feature=mhee Here's a video of Slinky drinking! Just thought I'd share it cause he's cute
http://www.youtube.com/user/pandora182?feature=mhee Here's a video of Slinky drinking! Just thought I'd share it cause he's cute
Slinky the Tanimbar 
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
My partner has blueys too
im lucky hehe. gotta admit i love seeing them drink, especially when they lift their heads right up afterwards 
- Niels D
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:36 pm
- Country:
- Location: The Netherlands
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
Nice vid!
Greetings from The Lowlands
0.0.2 T.g.evanescens (Grendel and Scylla)
0.0.2 T.g.evanescens (Grendel and Scylla)
- Shortie
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 79
- Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Scotland
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
My bf doesn't like Slinky much, especially after he bit him lmao!!! I love seeing him drink! Shame I couldn't take the video on my good camera, he's scared of it!! Luckily my phone has a pretty decent camera! Have you got videos of your skinks???
Thank you Niels
Thank you Niels
Slinky the Tanimbar 
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
ive only got pictures of most the skinks in my house because i actually only personally look after 2, Crowley and Flizzardo. The rest my partner either found or adopted and i help look after but they are his to video and what not. Ive only just recently started to take videos of my baby Crowley because i wanted to see all the changes as he grows. He is the first baby bluey we have ever had so he has kind of become my favourite
http://www.youtube.com/user/rmbarwick
I have a few videos of the baby here. unfortunately most are from a crappy phone so the quality is poor
but you can still see how incredibly adorable he is 
http://www.youtube.com/user/rmbarwick
I have a few videos of the baby here. unfortunately most are from a crappy phone so the quality is poor
- Shortie
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 79
- Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
- Country:
- Location: Scotland
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
Rani-May wrote:ive only got pictures of most the skinks in my house because i actually only personally look after 2, Crowley and Flizzardo. The rest my partner either found or adopted and i help look after but they are his to video and what not. Ive only just recently started to take videos of my baby Crowley because i wanted to see all the changes as he grows. He is the first baby bluey we have ever had so he has kind of become my favourite![]()
http://www.youtube.com/user/rmbarwick
I have a few videos of the baby here. unfortunately most are from a crappy phone so the quality is poorbut you can still see how incredibly adorable he is
He is CUTE!!!!! I love your videos! They have some crazy moments lol! I wish I had Slinky since he was a tiny baby! I got him at 8 months so he was pretty much fully grown when I got him!
Slinky the Tanimbar 
- Rani-May
- Bluey Enthusiast

- Posts: 786
- Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 pm
- Country:
- Location: Tasmania, Australia
- Contact:
Re: Hand Feeding Slinky [Video]
this is my first baby. ive only ever had full grown ones too. i really should do another video, havent for a little bit and i want to keep doing them so i can go back and watch the growth spurts 
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 181 guests
