I have a young Northern BTS that I purchased from Jeff this summer. We did a little research and named him (or her) "Wali", which means "blue-tongued skink" in one of the many Aboriginal languages. He has grown beautifully, has an awesome personality, and is the picture of healthy skinkness.
As the days have shortened and the weather outside is getting cold (I live in Pennsylvania, USA), the ambient temperature of the room in which we keep Wali has dropped into the upper 60s. We have him set up with a good basking lamp, but more and more frequently he is choosing to bury himself in the aspen shavings on the cooler side of the enclosure. He had been eating every third or fourth day, but has started skipping offered meals. Of course we always have clean water for him. I am just checking in with the kind folks on this forum to confirm that this is normal behavior for a BTS in this situation. My real concern is about feeding. It's OK if he isn't interested in food, right? He seems perfectly fine when we handle him, even if he is a bit cool to the touch because of his current thermoregulatory preferences.
I'm not really worried, I'd just like to hear from other folks who have experienced similar behavior in their BTs. Thanks!
When I figure out how to post pictures, I'll share some.
Cheers,
Tom Corley
Just Checking
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
tgcorley
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:44 pm
- Country:
- Location: SE Pennsylvania
-
tgcorley
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:44 pm
- Country:
- Location: SE Pennsylvania
Re: Just Checking -- DOH!
Sorry, I pulled a Homer - DOH!
I found all my answers reading about brumation in the FAQs. Nice article, Katrina!
I will post some pics soon . . .
I found all my answers reading about brumation in the FAQs. Nice article, Katrina!
I will post some pics soon . . .
- Bird_Brain
- The Happy Hitman

- Posts: 4079
- Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
- Country:
- Location: Warren, Indiana
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 305 guests
