Page 1 of 1

Bowl Problem?

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:22 pm
by crm2000
Ok so Percy for the second time pooped in his bowl should I be worried and if it continues what should I do to stop it? :helpme:


Thanks!!! :thumbs:

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:34 pm
by Jeff
It won't do any good to worry about it. Some BTS are just rude that way. Some never go in their bowl, and others do frequently. It looks like you jut got lucky. :thumbs:

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 pm
by crm2000
Yay I feel soooo lucky I get to wash poop out of his bowl :D !!!

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 am
by Rani-May
lol have fun with that. most of mine tend to go in the same corners all the time on snake bedding i use in their enclosures lol

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm
by crm2000
I will oh yeah today I was holding him and he went on my shirt so I put him away and changed.



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:34 pm
by Sarikazam
Neither of my skinks have pooped in their water... yet. But my Crested Gecko does all the time!
I don't think there is anything you can do to prevent it though! xD

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:13 pm
by Rani-May
they are gonna go where they wanna go lol

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:26 pm
by crm2000
Yeah I just had to make sure there wasn't a way to stop him he has now done it 3 times

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:23 pm
by Richard.C
there is a way u can trt to stop it

offer water and once they have had a deink remove bowl,thougg even doing that they often still poop in it,lol

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:43 pm
by crm2000
Ok I will hopefully he won't start doing it frequently.

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:15 pm
by Fatal_S
You can also offer 2 water dishes - a larger soaking dish that you expect to get dirty, and a smaller drinking dish that's harder to make a mess in. Or at least that's how I'm planning it out for my tanks, not sure it'll work...

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:02 am
by Lea
I don't know if space really has much to do with it, but I never see poops in the large water pool I have in the outdoor enclosure. I'm out there at least three times a day in summer and the water is shallow, with pebbles at the bottom, so I'd spot any floaters easily. There seems to be a "poop area", away from the food and favourite sleeping spots, too. I don't watch them all day, of course and there are bound to be some doodoos elsewhere, but having observed frequently, given the room, I believe that most skinks will not contaminate their food/water/living areas with faeces.

I'll stress that this is an innate habit, definitely not learned, in a training sense and have not been "trained". It's more that they see a better option and poop somewhere other than their dinner or water dish.

Re: Bowl Problem?

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:50 pm
by EricaBobrik
The two bowl thing works for us. Cal has a smaller drinking dish and a larger soaking one. She doesn't make the soaking dish messy that often but its nice that she has the ability to still drink if she goes in her soaking one and I'm not home to clean it instantly.