Page 1 of 1

Plinko's adventures as of late~~

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:45 am
by PlinkoPachinko
I apologize for not posting here more often, I usually post stuff about my herps on my tumblr!

Anyways.. Plinko has been very rambunctious lately.. and no amount of out of tank time seems to satiate him. I'm really trying to get him to stop nose rubbing and digging in his corner, but even if I take him out for 2 hours and put him back, he starts digging to be let out again.

Two days ago I just opened his door so he could peer out, and I was hoping that the new smells would satisfy his curiosity a bit. 5 minutes later he was nowhere to be found. Of course it took all of two seconds to find him. I lifted up one of my sketchbooks that was mysteriously moving on its own.
Image HAI MOMMAH!! WHAT ARE U DOIN HERE I WAS WONDERIN WHERE U WERE, THIS PLACE IS SO FUN AND INTERESTING, WANNA 'SPLORE WITH ME?!!

I let him explore the floor a little while longer before putting him back, lol.

Image
Image

So I decided to build him a CASTLE OF BOXES!!
Image
Image

He seemed to really like it! :> Then this morning I came in to an unfortunate wreckage...
Image
Image
Plinko had no comment. :T

Re: Plinko's adventures as of late~~

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:03 pm
by Rani-May
Very very cute lol

Re: Plinko's adventures as of late~~

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:41 pm
by Linnea
XD plinkos face at the last image is priceless.

Re: Plinko's adventures as of late~~

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:17 am
by Coomassie
We keep a ping pong ball in with both Coomassie and Herbert, my leo tort. They play with them during the day. Just a thought since you have a restless skinker.

Re: Plinko's adventures as of late~~

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 am
by Lea
He might be too hot- your lights seem quite low and close to the basking areas. Restlessness can be a sign of the temperatures running a little high. Check your cool and hot end temps.

Nice idea with the boxes, but a huge fire risk with the cardboard close to the lights! I'd take them out, just to be on the safe side and use them only outside the enclosures.


He looks in good condition though, thanks for sharing your pictures.

Re: Plinko's adventures as of late~~

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 am
by Lea
The sunlight on your enclosure may be drastically altering your temperatures, also, so consider moving the tank out of sunlight to give more consistent and reliable temperature measurements.

Re: Plinko's adventures as of late~~

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:16 pm
by PlinkoPachinko
Good call! His temps are a bit warm, I'm going to try turning down his CHE.