Page 1 of 1
Substrate question
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:33 pm
by SnakeCharmr728
I have always used aspen for merauke but I use a spagnum peat moss in my tegu cages, would this be alright for my merauke?
Re: Substrate question
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Cypress mulch is the most preferred.
I don't like peat...
Re: Substrate question
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm
by Bird_Brain
xxmonitorlizardxx wrote:Cypress mulch is the most preferred.
I don't like peat...
To actually answer your question, I see no reason why you can't try that bedding for your skink.
Re: Substrate question
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:32 pm
by SnakeCharmr728
Cypress mulch is very hard to find in my area and to do her cage it would cost well over $50 in substrate and the only type of cypress I can get here happens to be very sharp and pokey.... :/
I was mainly asking because I didn't know if the small loose particles would be too dusty for her since I have read not to sure the fine type of aspen for that reason...
Re: Substrate question
Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:41 pm
by Bird_Brain
I say give it a try. I do use cypress mulch from lowes that is sharp and pokey as well as large chunks. Never an issue. But really just try the peat and see how you like it.