Page 1 of 1

what kind of skink?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:23 pm
by mjk19
I don't have any pics yet, but i'll try to give a description the best I can. The skink is an over all gray golor, with thin brown bands on it's back. The front legs are a grayish color with no black or another marking. The back legs are typical black with some gray. There are no markings on the throat or head. Any idea of what type this is? I think it might be a cross between a northern and irian jaya.

Re: what kind of skink?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:28 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Need pictures.
This could be of some assistance:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20330

Re: what kind of skink?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:29 pm
by Fatal_S
Irian Jaya. Now pics to see if I aced this test :)

Re: what kind of skink?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:39 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Fatal_S wrote:Irian Jaya. Now pics to see if I aced this test :)

Oh ok, then I'm going to say Merauke! :kick:

Re: what kind of skink?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:58 pm
by Fatal_S
It can't be a Merauke if the front legs are clean as described :P :lol: It actually sounded Merauke to me too, but the clean legs led me to IJ. Fun way to ID, but I can't wait for the pics.

Re: what kind of skink?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 pm
by Spindown
I'll say IJ,like Fatal, for the same reason. :ryo:

Re: what kind of skink?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:42 pm
by Jeff
Man, you guys are lame at this. It's obviously a centralian X western cross.

Re: what kind of skink?

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 am
by Richard.C
a blue tongued skink :p

Re: what kind of skink?

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:49 am
by Rani-May
Richard.C wrote:a blue tongued skink :p

LOL my guess too

Re: what kind of skink?

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:32 am
by Richard.C
If it came from canada could be an eastern cross