Page 1 of 1

Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:17 pm
by LovesChihuahuas
Recently I had a Holiday up in North Queensland, Cairns. There were many Skinks and Lizards all over the place, I took a few pictures and thought I would post them if anyone is interested. Very pleased to see so many Lizards and Skinks up there, as you can imagine :D

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 am
by Richard.C
Thats a solid looking north qld eastern,some great shots of the other species to

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:15 am
by Lea
A dragon in with a monitor?? That's a big risk. What wildlife park was this? Interesting that they keep those two together.

Nice pictures, though, thank you. It's good to see they exhibit examples of all species, including the blue tongue skinks, not just the big lizards, like the monitors.

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:39 am
by xxmonitorlizardxx
I LOVE VARANUS MERTENSI!!!!

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 am
by dustypaws
Awesome photos, thanks! :D

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:54 am
by Richard.C
Mertons get on pretty well with water dragons lea,often housed together to,especially outdoors with room to move

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:57 am
by RoryBreaker
If the zoo is anything like Irwin's Australia zoo, where the water dragons occur in plague proportions, I wouldn't be surprised if the EWD is a freeloader and is endemic to the zoo grounds. They become very accustomed to a free feed.

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 am
by Richard.C
Lol good point rory,i remember water dragons basking all over crocs and gators at the irwin park,before it was called australia zoo

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 am
by Niels D
It looks well fed indeed. NIce pics!

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:01 am
by Lea
I didn't know that, thanks Richard.

Re: Some Lizard Photos from Cairns, Australia.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:11 pm
by Spindown
very interesting, that water dragon is very cool, I wonder what size the monitor and dragon were? Trying to figure out how big that dragon is :)