Having some issues with my northern ... Help!
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:09 pm
Ok Kahless is nearly 5 months now and he was totally fine up until about a week ago. He ate well and pooped on time and was always out basking for most of the day. Now however, he hardly eats, never comes out and I've seen no poop action (which I'm assuming is from the lack of eating). He spends all his time burrowed in his cool side hide. I was letting him be for a bit but I have started to take him and place him in his basking area to try and warm him up. At first he would just go right back to his cool side hide but the last few days he has stayed and basked. His temperatures on the hot end are between 90-95 and his cool end is in the 78-85 range.
I am wondering if because of the cool temps where I live (I am just near red deer alberta and winter is starting) and the fact that we are in a baemsnt suite may be contributing to this. I am more worried about the lack of interest in food and general inactivness more than anything. Should I be upping his temps? He has a night time heat lamp but that is focused on his hot side as that was where he used to sleep. Should I put a second on his cool end?
I am also having issues with his humidity. I will be placing a humid hide in his tank tmro as I can't seem to keep the humidity up in his tank and where I live gets prettttty dry in the winter months
Sorry for the loooong post. Is there something here I should be worried about or is this normal for them to start doing is in the winter months?
Thanks!
I am wondering if because of the cool temps where I live (I am just near red deer alberta and winter is starting) and the fact that we are in a baemsnt suite may be contributing to this. I am more worried about the lack of interest in food and general inactivness more than anything. Should I be upping his temps? He has a night time heat lamp but that is focused on his hot side as that was where he used to sleep. Should I put a second on his cool end?
I am also having issues with his humidity. I will be placing a humid hide in his tank tmro as I can't seem to keep the humidity up in his tank and where I live gets prettttty dry in the winter months
Sorry for the loooong post. Is there something here I should be worried about or is this normal for them to start doing is in the winter months?
Thanks!