Page 1 of 1

Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:40 pm
by Sarikazam
Alrighty, it has been a while since I posted anything about my Nothern baby that I got from Melanie (Fatal_S) so here we are :)

Just a bit about how she is doing first;
She is doing quite well! She is growing like a weed and has a appetite to match (She is 10" long now and weighs 70g if anyone is interested). She is still pretty huffy when I try to bring her out of her terrarium and she has lately started charging and snapping on my fingers if I don't take her huffing warning and back my hand away. But it comes and goes, on other days she will just huff a little bit and is fine with getting picked up. We are still working on it, I blame it on myself for not interacting enough with her lately. Once she is out though she is an absolute doll and loves to explore and try to climb into my hair, she also enjoys getting scritches.

Onto pictures!

Re: Update on Hobbes! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:01 pm
by Niels D
Nice colours, expecially on the flanks.

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:16 pm
by Sarikazam
Aw heck, I will put a update for Bruce here while I am at it.

A bit about how Bruce is doing:
He is doing really good! He is totally coming out of his shell! I find him out basking at least once a day and he doesn't take off when I come into the room. Ever since I skink proofed my bedroom and started letting him roam around he has completely come around. He seems much more interested in the world now.
He is a little piggy too, he always cleans up his dish and is ready for more. Bruce is also very willing to clean up Hobbes's food if she doesn't feel like eating.... Maybe that is why he gained 60grams since I got him... :oops:

If anyone wants to take a guess at "his" gender that would also be appreciated. I have just assumed he is a he, but I haven't seen any proof yet.

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:30 pm
by Cathy20
Beautiful skinks! I only see Wyatt doing the pose in the last pic when he is drinking water...is that normal? lol he isnt expected to bask that proudly is he? lol i love when they do that tho.

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:28 pm
by DaniJoy
Your skinks are gorgeous! I recently got my Northern and he is growing fast as well-- I was shocked how much he grew in a week. :) Love the pictures!!!

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 pm
by Sarikazam
Thanks for the compliments everyone! :D

Cathy20 wrote:Beautiful skinks! I only see Wyatt doing the pose in the last pic when he is drinking water...is that normal? lol he isnt expected to bask that proudly is he? lol i love when they do that tho.


Heheh. I see both my skinks do that after they drink, then water dribbles down their chin. But my Merauke does the pose a lot! I think he just likes looking down on everything.

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:51 pm
by Sarikazam
DaniJoy wrote:Your skinks are gorgeous! I recently got my Northern and he is growing fast as well-- I was shocked how much he grew in a week. :) Love the pictures!!!

Thanks! I know, it is funny seeing how quickly they grow, especially compared to my Merauke.
I can't wait to see pictures of your baby once he is done shedding! He looks very light.

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:21 pm
by Fatal_S
Yay! Pictures :cloud9: They're looking amazing. So happy to see one of my babies looking great in it's new home! Makes me do a happy dance. Hobbes is very handsome. Too bad I can't introduce him to Canasta :lol:

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 pm
by Rani-May
So many cute pictures :D very nice skinks

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:24 pm
by Sarikazam
Fatal_S wrote:Yay! Pictures :cloud9: They're looking amazing. So happy to see one of my babies looking great in it's new home! Makes me do a happy dance. Hobbes is very handsome. Too bad I can't introduce him to Canasta :lol:


Do you mean Bruce? :P Then yeah that would be something! Unless Bruce is a Brucette...
How is Canasta anyways? Is she still out on a breeding loan?

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:42 pm
by Sarikazam
Rani-May wrote:So many cute pictures :D very nice skinks

Thank you! They were feeling quite photogenic today.
Although Hobbes wouldn't fully cooperate with the camera today. She has some really funny quirks (Including drinking from a water bottle!) but whenever the camera was out she was freeze and shoot death rays at me.

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:37 am
by Fatal_S
:doh: Ya, I meant Bruce. The pretty pictures distracted me.

Canasta is still in Alberta with the manly men. She may come home sometime soon, or she may stay out there longer. Who knows.

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:09 am
by Sarikazam
Heh, it's okay. My family still gets them all mixed up. I am not even sure my brother knows I have two. Then my dad just exchanges other random pet names for Bruce and Hobbes. :noknow:

Ah I see. If she does come home would try to get another manly man Merauke for her?

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:25 am
by Fatal_S
The hope is if she comes home maybe she'll bring a boyfriend or two to visit for a time.

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:50 am
by Sarikazam
That would be awesome! I would love to see a bundle of Merauke babies! As of now Bruce is the only Merauke I have seen in person.
Oh, does whoever Canasta is staying with have pictures of their Meraukes on here?

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:53 am
by Fatal_S
Canasta is with Katrina. She has lots of pictures here, you just have to find them :) She has some stunning, stunning rookies <3

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 am
by tylociraptor
Goodness, Mel's babies are all so perfect! Hobbes is catching up to Misha! (14", 250 g) You remind me I must post some photos of her. It's great to see one of Misha's "siblings" so happy and healthy. :) Glad to see how well Bruce is coming along too! Meraukes are one of my favorite kinds of skinks... so keep the pics comin!

Re: Update on Hobbes and Bruce! (Pictures!)

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:19 pm
by Sarikazam
tylociraptor wrote:Goodness, Mel's babies are all so perfect! Hobbes is catching up to Misha! (14", 250 g) You remind me I must post some photos of her. It's great to see one of Misha's "siblings" so happy and healthy. :) Glad to see how well Bruce is coming along too! Meraukes are one of my favorite kinds of skinks... so keep the pics comin!


Wow, Misha is really growing up fast! If I recall she was probably born a bit sooner, and bigger. I hope Hobbes can catch up!
I was glad to see you got some pictures of her up, she is looking wonderful!