Page 1 of 1

Age and Sex?

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm
by Mere
My friend imyourscar and I both have Northern babies. My Hazel is 5 months and 295 g, while Tkaa is 4 months and 234 g. Hazel is bigger, but I'd say proportionally they're about the same level of "fat." Right now they have very, very distinctly different head shapes. Hazel's is definitely blockier and more triangular, while Tkaa's is very narrow. I know this isn't the most accurate of sexing methods, but does sexual dimorphism in skinks show up so early or is it likely that this is just because Hazel is larger?

Re: Age and Sex?

Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:09 am
by Richard.C
6 of one,half a dozen of the other,could be a sign of sexual differences or one just filling out faster than the other,especiallu when still young,northerns can show differences quite early though so could be one of eaxh sex to