Page 1 of 1
Mouth rot?????
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:19 pm
by Lahb999
HTML Code
Forum Code
Alt Forum Code
HTML Code
Read more at
http://imageshack.us/content_round.php? ... 3b02ZeZ.99 What do you think look closely at the mouth
Forum Code
Alt Forum Code
HTML Code
Read more at
http://imageshack.us/content_round.php? ... LjQRe8a.99
Re: Mouth rot?????
Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:56 pm
by El Lobo
You will need a much closer shot of the area you suspect may be a problem.

Re: Mouth rot?????
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:24 pm
by El Lobo
Lahb999 wrote:What do you think is this mouth rot or what is it

Re: Mouth rot?????
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:29 pm
by El Lobo
Lahb999 - We all know getting a new BTS is an exciting time and there are many questions we want to ask but could you please keep them together rather than starting a new thread every time. You currently have 5 threads requesting much the same information.
Fatal_S wrote:To post a picture, copy the URL of the image. Then add [img ] and [/img ] to the front and back, removing the spaces.
You can upload pictures directly from your computer by using the 'Upload Attachment' function at the bottom of the text box. If you wish to keep linking to Image Shack the information given by Fatal_S will ensure the images appear as part of the thread instead of having to follow a link. More are likely to look at the image without having to follow a link.
Please read the caresheet as it will provide the answers to many of your questions. If there are aspects you want to clarify then by all means ask away.
I have added your latest post regarding mouth rot to your original thread and deleted the update thread to keep everything together.
Re: Mouth rot?????
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:43 pm
by Lahb999
Sorry, did not mean to cause any harm

, I just wanted some information on what you people think about the mouth rot, I just care about Her. So do you have any thoughts on the mouth rot . And by the way it's a bit hard to get a URL with proper spacing using an ipad.
Re: Mouth rot?????
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:04 pm
by El Lobo
I don't have first hand experience with stomatitis but I can't see anything in the picture to suggest it. Skinks will often get food particles around their mouths after eating especially if they have been fed a more liquid diet.
The earliest indication of mouth rot is petechia which is small darker red dots on the gums. Here are a couple of links with detailed information.
http://www.anapsid.org/stomatitis.htmlhttp://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index ... 171407.htm
Re: Mouth rot?????
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:03 pm
by Lahb999
Thank you, I don't think that it is mouth rot, but I appreciate the information. Am I allowed to comment as I like on already. Created forums, or not, thanks lahb.
Re: Mouth rot?????
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:30 pm
by El Lobo
Lahb999 wrote:Thank you, I don't think that it is mouth rot, but I appreciate the information. Am I allowed to comment as I like on already. Created forums, or not, thanks lahb.
That is what the forum is for, an exchange of ideas or information.
Re: Mouth rot?????
Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 pm
by Lahb999
Ok, thanks do you know any way to gender a skink that is more accurate than some of my previous methods such as shape and eyecoulor. What do you think my skink is male or female, personally I think female, but am open to knew ideas.
Re: Mouth rot?????
Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:37 pm
by Rainycat
i recently had a mouth culture done on my bts because of something that look similar to your pic, substrate kept sticking to it.. etc... was positive for acintobacteria so I have had him on baytril for 2wks don't really see an improvement, going to continue another wk and see how it goes, mine doesn't look like mouthrot either... guess a bacteria infection... hoping it clears up.