Page 1 of 1

Color changing skinks

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:08 pm
by LarissaLurid
I love how when a Merauke is close to shedding the tummy goes from red to white, and then back to red when done shedding. Thought I'd share this picture :]


Anyone else have pictures of their skink looking a much different color right before shedding? :] I know mine obviously also gets a bit darker, but his colors don't change a ton other than his stomach.

shed.jpg

Re: Color changing skinks

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:57 pm
by xxmonitorlizardxx
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image

Re: Color changing skinks

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 am
by Richard.C
20120722_143100.jpg


Heres a almost down bluemountain female alpine blotch and a just starting male of same type locality

These guys change color during the year as well,not just with shedding,the blotches go orange,red,pink and even pale yellow,the victorian alpine males often go from bright yellow first shed after brumation to a pale whitish yellow during breeding and a little bit after

Re: Color changing skinks

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:56 am
by LarissaLurid
Richard.C wrote:
20120722_143100.jpg


Heres a almost down bluemountain female alpine blotch and a just starting male of same type locality

These guys change color during the year as well,not just with shedding,the blotches go orange,red,pink and even pale yellow,the victorian alpine males often go from bright yellow first shed after brumation to a pale whitish yellow during breeding and a little bit after



Yes! I'm glad you posted a pic of the blotchies, that's one I was thinking of because of how they actually do look different through the year. I love that about them

Re: Color changing skinks

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:44 pm
by Karen
Sylvia went very gray for her last shed.

DSCN4471.JPG


DSCN4475.JPG


DSCN4478.JPG


Her normal colors.

DSCN4822.JPG


DSCN4849.JPG

Re: Color changing skinks

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:59 pm
by LarissaLurid
Oh wow, yea that's pretty cool! Mine goes from silvery/gray to a darker like tannish/brown color when close to shed.

Re: Color changing skinks

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm
by Rush
Some perfect merauke stripes on that Sylvia.