Stuck ear buds?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
neurotic88
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 am
Country:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Stuck ear buds?

Postby neurotic88 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 pm

Hey all,

Jarvis just shed, and had little to no trouble, but I am just wondering because last time I pulled his ear buds out myself, there was a tiny bit of shed around his ear edge, and it all came out as one bud.

This time there's no shed from what I can see around his ears, but can stuck ear buds only be on the inside too? im not sure if what I am seeing in there is his ear, or stuck shed =\

Took some pictures as best I could, little bugger doesn't sit still :P

Image
Image
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Stuck ear buds?

Postby Fatal_S » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 pm

There is always a bag inside the ear. It's normal, and bothering it is extremely bad. If you're not sure if it's the normal bag or stuck shed, just leave it alone and watch for the next shed.
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Stuck ear buds?

Postby LarissaLurid » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:11 pm

I don't see anything in the ear. They have a membrane inside the ear which is probably what you are seeing. It's flat and shiny basically.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
neurotic88
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 am
Country:
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Stuck ear buds?

Postby neurotic88 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Ok, sounds good!
Last time when I helped him you could see pieces of it hanging out, those came out easy.
I didnt touch him this time, just getting a second opinion :)

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 188 guests