Page 1 of 1

UVB tube full length of enclosure? and NARBC

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:54 pm
by financier
I have the basking light on one side and wondered if I shouls run the UVB tobe the length of the cage or just turn ot so it is near basking side?
Was at NARBC in Anaheim yesterday,,,quite a few BTS.

Re: UVB tube full length of enclosure? and NARBC

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 pm
by donkeybuff
I'm not too sure, but I think that the UVB can run the full length as long as the skink can burrow or go into a hide. I wish NARBC came to northern california :(

Re: UVB tube full length of enclosure? and NARBC

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:58 pm
by craigb
I was at NARBC both days representing the California Reptile and Invertebrate Society. Were you the person that asked me about lighting ? I use just regular flourescent tubes in my reptile room. I have not seen any ill effects on my three over the passed four years. I do feed them a wide variety or food though. This is a great site. It has been too long since I have actually logged in and posted anything.

I have two female adult Northerns and one male hybrid Irian Jaya/ Northern I produced three years ago. I tried breeding the two Northerns with another Northern whose owner lives relatively close by. The male was almost three years old when we attempted the breedings. He hooked up with one twice, yet did not show interest with the other.

I am not sure what the issue was but neither females became gravid. :? :?
We will try again next year if possible. :D :D

Re: UVB tube full length of enclosure? and NARBC

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:14 pm
by craigb
You Northern California Folks do get the Sacramento Reptile Show. There will be a lot of venomous there on display. The vendor list looks to be pretty much the same as NARBC... :wink:

http://upscalereptiles.com/2011/?page_id=19

Everyone else on our side of the pond (not down under) gets a Repticon show relatively close. :thumbs:

http://repticon.com


Hopefully lots of Blueys and supplies.... :D