Page 1 of 1

Slate

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:19 pm
by Logan_Oklahoma
How do you guys clean your slate? Im cleaning some new pieces I purchased from Lowe's to put in a few terrariums. I've cleaned them with just water and they start to become soft where the water gets in on the sides and they flake sometimes. Is there any other techniques?

Re: Slate

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:24 pm
by Jeff
I use plain water and a scrub brush. Never really had the issue you are describing. :noknow:

Re: Slate

Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:21 pm
by sarah
Bake it

Re: Slate

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:34 am
by Logan_Oklahoma
The new pieces were fine with water. Must have been something to do with the old. Oh well, problem solved. Thanks for the tips.

Re: Slate

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:46 pm
by maverickgrl79
you can also seal them before you put them in it will make cleaning easier in the future