What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Postby AnnaMonroe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:28 pm

I want to purchase a digital weighing scale.
Just confused on which one lol.
So far I've come upon the My Weigh 7001DX Precision Digital Scale, but I feel like that one is too small, (I believe it's like 6 inches by 8 inches long, so how would that be able to fit an adult BTS..)
Any suggestions on some good scales out there? Let me know! :}
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Postby LarissaLurid » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 pm

That would probably be fine. You aren't going to have a bluey over 7000 grams lol. I don't know exactly what it looks like, but if you can fit a Tupperware container on it that your bluey will fit in then it'll be fine. All you have to do is tare it so it'll go back to 0 after putting the plastic bin on it before the lizard goes in.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Postby Sarikazam » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Yeah, it if it surface area that you are worried about, that is easy enough to fix. Just what Larissa said.
I just place a large plastic mixing bowl on my scale before turning it on, then it will start out neutral and you will be weighing just your skink.
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Postby AnnaMonroe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Yeah! It comes with a weighing bowl :}
Ehh, might as well just get this one then lol.
I really want to keep track of his weight ;D
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Postby Sarikazam » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Yeah, I think it is a great idea! I just started a log to keep track of my two guys and it is interesting so far. I especially like to watch how fast my baby is growing.
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Postby Spindown » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:20 pm

I found a scale I REALLY want to have, the brand is Escali. They come in some AWESOME colors :)
I dont have a scale big enough for my blueys yet, but I do use a non-digital Salter 16 oz scale for my sand boas...I HATE not having a digital one!
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
maverickgrl79
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:46 pm
Country:
Location: Milwaukie Oregon

Re: What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Postby maverickgrl79 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:51 pm

AnnaMonroe wrote:I want to purchase a digital weighing scale.
Just confused on which one lol.
So far I've come upon the My Weigh 7001DX Precision Digital Scale, but I feel like that one is too small, (I believe it's like 6 inches by 8 inches long, so how would that be able to fit an adult BTS..)
Any suggestions on some good scales out there? Let me know! :}

i use a baby scare for my Bluey and my snakes. it has sides haha
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Postby AnnaMonroe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 pm

No doubt !!!
Glad to know others are also interested in keeping tabs on their pets' weight :}


And yessssss the Escali scales are soooo beautiful !!! Especially the blue and purple ones;
Groupon Goods sent me an email with a good price on them but after I read the size dimensions of it, I figured it wouldn't be too amazing for when a bluey gets much bigger than the scale itself lol.
I'm going to go with the one I mentioned in my first post.
I found that the cheapest place you can purchase one of those is on
https://www.oldwillknottscales.com !! :}
Rachael t
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:36 am
Country:
Location: QLD, Australia

Re: What Do You Use To Weigh Your Bluey?!

Postby Rachael t » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:10 am

I use my regular digital kitchen scales. Just put a dish or tray on top to fit the lizard on.
Rachael, Lizzie and Tripod

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 215 guests