Hi-- I am new to the forum and very glad I found it. Maybe someone can help answer a couple of questions, I acquired a BTS(Mr Skink) 9 months ago, he was 2yrs when i got him.
About a month ago, substrate was stuck in side of lip, like a splinter,pulled off and off came some scales, tissue, since then substrate getting stuck to etc.. not clearing up, I took him to vet today and she cultured it, she had a hard time opening mouth and then when she swabbed him, blood was present (I know he hasn't been bleeding as when he eats he occasionally yawns and his gums never have bled, the do look darker pink, like stomatits does in a cat) So I hope she didn't hurt him! The culture will take a week, in the meantime she gave me Hexadene Flush with spherulites to swab around mouth, has anyone every used this?? I am a little leary about using it as it is for dogs, cats, horses and has triclosan in it. it is .25 chlorehexidine gluconate with spherulites. She did not tell me to dilute it. If anyone can shed some light would appreciate it, I don't want to hurt him and she has never treated a skink before but has other reptiles, I suppose I should trust her but I didn't like the way she handled his mouth and clearly she didn't and her tech didn't know how to hold him, I ended up holding him on my arm with his chin on my hand and he calmed right down. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long winded post!
Lorraine
Mouth Rot? Help!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
Rainycat
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:54 am
- Country:
- Location: United states
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 520 guests
