Pictures of Stubbs and Elouise

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Emz3
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Pictures of Stubbs and Elouise

Postby Emz3 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:12 pm

I just shamelessly want to share pictures of my two blues with you guys!

I've had them both now for about 2 months and they seem to be doing well. They eat whatever I put in front of them and I think they would eat every day if I let them! My first basking bulb went out last week so I had to go and buy a new one. It's been loads of fun trying to get the temps regulated with the new bulb. Pain in the butt! ...but we are close. They are still housed together unfortunately, as I am in the process of building a custom enclosure. (The first guy fell though, now working with a different guy. Fingers crossed!)

Stubbs has really come out of his shell. He is still the cranky one but is now so active. He's always the first one at the food dish. Elouise is still reserved and I often give her time alone in the tank to bask and eat in peace. There is not any interaction between the two of them that I see, but I know there are many hours in the day where I don't watch them. It seems the more I learn, the more freaked out I get that I am not caring for them properly. I'm sure I'll have more questions for you all in the near future!

Oh, one real question: I think I've figured out Stubbs is definitely a Merauke, but any guesses on Elouise? One person had mentioned she's an IJ? Love to know your thoughts!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Re: Pictures of Stubbs and Elouise

Postby bella3 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Great pictures. I really like the second one. I don't know what the head lifting could be about, but sometimes when Juno hears an unusual noise she seems to do it...maybe they're just looking around?
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby AnnaMonroe » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:36 pm

Elouise is simply stunning, and she looks like she's smiling in the last photo! :)
I'm head-over-heels about her short face, she's a vision!!
Idk what it is about me, I'm not too in love with the long faced skinks, but Stubbs is still goodlooking too(:
xxmonitorlizardxx
Walks with Squirrels
Walks with Squirrels
Your Facebook name: Jeremy Johnson

Postby xxmonitorlizardxx » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:41 pm

The darker skink is a Merauke, while the lighter skink is an Irian Jaya.
Merauke Blue Tongue Skink Breeder
https://www.facebook.com/JJReptiles/
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan

Postby Spindown » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:48 pm

this thread has been featured on the reptile report! congrats! Lots of people will be seeing your cute scale-babies! :)
http://thereptilereport.com/fun-in-the-sun-3/
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
Emz3
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner

Postby Emz3 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:02 pm

Oh how fun! I will tell them they're famous now! Hopefully the fame doesn't go to their heads! ;)

...and thanks for the positive ID's all! That confirms what I was told before!

... and AnnaMonroe, I'm the same way! Those cute short faces get me too! XD ...don't tell Stubbs!
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower

Postby AnnaMonroe » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 pm

LOL will do ;)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”