Enclosure pics??

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
Darkangel92
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Country:
Location: Florida

Enclosure pics??

Postby Darkangel92 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:24 am

Hey everyone can you post pics of your BTS setup? Wanna redo mine and want some ideas :)
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby Bird_Brain » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:35 am

Darkangel92 wrote:Hey everyone can you post pics of your BTS setup? Wanna redo mine and want some ideas :)

You can find some enclosure pictures here in the gallery section:
gallery/album.php?album_id=4
Brad
Darkangel92
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Country:
Location: Florida

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby Darkangel92 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:38 am

Awesome thanks :)
User avatar
CricketForestwater
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby CricketForestwater » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Well, even with that link, I figured I'd post my setup anyway :3

Image


Image

These are the timers I use for the daytime and nighttime lights. Still need to get one more for the cool-side light.



Image

The warm side.



Image

And the cool side with the water dish in the middle :)
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby bella3 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:48 am

Great looking enclosure. You might have said before, but how big is that tank?
User avatar
CricketForestwater
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby CricketForestwater » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:24 am

Actually, I hadn't said, but it's a 60 gal 49x18x16in
User avatar
tylociraptor
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 299
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:36 pm
Country:
Location: NB, Canada

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby tylociraptor » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Image

This is what I have for mine. :) The two large cardboard tube are industrial sized tubes for plastic wrap that a local store donates to my animals!

eta: Oh, it's 4 foot wide, 2 foot deep and roughly 2 foot tall :)
BlueGuy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm
Country:
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby BlueGuy » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:53 pm

tylociraptor wrote:Image

This is what I have for mine. :) The two large cardboard tube are industrial sized tubes for plastic wrap that a local store donates to my animals!

eta: Oh, it's 4 foot wide, 2 foot deep and roughly 2 foot tall :)

Nice enclosure tylociraptor
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby BruinsEv » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:17 am

Image

Image

Don't mind the mess, we just bought a new house and in the middle of packing. I am still working on what to cover the outside 3 walls with, and building a hide on the cool side rather than a cardboard box
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby BruinsEv » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 am

That third picture with the ranged shot of the room obviously didn't paste, so never mind !
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby bella3 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:36 am

I have that same hide there (the rock). It was her basking spot but she refused to climb on it...that is until I replaced it with something flat and now she climbs on it all the time :roll:
All the enclosure's look great!
User avatar
leaveittoweaver
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:48 pm
Country:
Location: New York

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby leaveittoweaver » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 am

BruinsEv wrote:Image

Image

Don't mind the mess, we just bought a new house and in the middle of packing. I am still working on what to cover the outside 3 walls with, and building a hide on the cool side rather than a cardboard box



What is the brand name of that tank? I love that it opens from the side.
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby BruinsEv » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:42 am

bella3 wrote:I have that same hide there (the rock). It was her basking spot but she refused to climb on it...that is until I replaced it with something flat and now she climbs on it all the time :roll:
All the enclosure's look great!



Same here!!! I am working on setting up a different basking rock, but will leave this because she loves the inside !
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby BruinsEv » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:44 am

leaveittoweaver wrote:
BruinsEv wrote:
Don't mind the mess, we just bought a new house and in the middle of packing. I am still working on what to cover the outside 3 walls with, and building a hide on the cool side rather than a cardboard box



What is the brand name of that tank? I love that it opens from the side.


It's Exo Terra. You should be able to find this tank at almost any pet store. 4x2x2 I believe.
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby bella3 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:45 am

BruinsEv wrote:Same here!!! I am working on setting up a different basking rock, but will leave this because she loves the inside !


Haha that's funny, I left it to because it is her favorite hide. At one point I had 2 actual hides, a Kleenex box and a paper towel roll, but she barely touced the other ones! And she still usually only uses that one.
User avatar
Emz3
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:49 pm
Country:
Location: Colorado, US

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby Emz3 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:56 pm

I bought plain unfinished wood "crates" from the craft store to make hide boxes for my skinks. I move things around every few weeks to keep things interesting. I have moved the water to the floor since this picture was taken because I wasn't sure they were always drinking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Kurt
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 629
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 pm
Country:
Location: Southern Oregon

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby Kurt » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:08 pm

I have a 36x18x18 pvc tank. It has an exo terra cave size large, a petsmart brand large water dish, some fancy reptile wood, fake leaves, and reptibark substrate.


IMAG0111#1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6 y.o. 0.1 Merauke - Apollo - House of Reptiles - 2011
5 y.o. 0.1 Northern - Rocko - Captive Bred Excellence - 2012
User avatar
Buddy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am
Country:
Location: Sweden

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby Buddy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 am

Here's my big guys enclosure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
CricketForestwater
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 am
Country:
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby CricketForestwater » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:51 am

That thing is huge! My goodness! Out of curiosity, what are the dimensions?
User avatar
Buddy
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:02 am
Country:
Location: Sweden

Re: Enclosure pics??

Postby Buddy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:40 am

CricketForestwater wrote:That thing is huge! My goodness! Out of curiosity, what are the dimensions?


I want a bigger one.. It's 120cm x 60cm x 60cm (Think it's about 47 x 24 x 24 inches?) 150cm (59 inches) long would be perfect. :)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 275 guests