Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby LarissaLurid » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

I took some cute pictures of baby Caipora today (my Merauke) <3 He's a little cutie, I have posted pictures in a while either. He's growing fast, he's around 20 inches now and will by 9 months old the beginning of next month. :] I love his red belly also and realized I've never taken a picture of it! Just a few quick pics of him on the couch.

:dork: :tongue:

226025_10151048155406843_1634661861_n.jpg

309144_10151048155846843_209727385_n.jpg

547313_10151048155636843_1185859031_n.jpg

542428_10151048156131843_94355516_n.jpg

431446_10151048156361843_1114939280_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
BruinsEv
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby BruinsEv » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Adorable pictures! Very friendly looking skink!
User avatar
Fatal_S
Take Flight
Take Flight
Posts: 8391
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm
Your Facebook name: Mel's Exotics
Country: Canada
Location: Manitoba
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby Fatal_S » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Very pretty.
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby LarissaLurid » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:51 pm

BruinsEv wrote:Adorable pictures! Very friendly looking skink!


Oh yea he's my little boy, he's the biggest sweetheart ever lol and thank you!
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby LarissaLurid » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Fatal_S wrote:Very pretty.


Thank you Fatal_S !
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby Sarikazam » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:53 am

Awww, what a handsome fellow. :love: The pink tummy is really cute too! I recently noticed my Merauke has that as well.
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby bella3 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:32 pm

great pictures! What a cutie! :)
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby LarissaLurid » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Sarikazam wrote:Awww, what a handsome fellow. :love: The pink tummy is really cute too! I recently noticed my Merauke has that as well.



Yup, I love that about Meraukes! It gets darker as they grow as well. I posted this picture on my facebook and a friend of mine who hasn't seen him since he was a little hatchling was like WOW! I remember back when his tummy was basically all white, I'm surprised! lol

I've also noticed that (as with many skinks) he's lightened up as he gets older as well. :]
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby Lea » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:58 pm

He was a hatchling? :shock:

:wink:


He is a lovely colour. I like his central stripe, on his head. Reminds me of one of The Gremlins!


Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby LarissaLurid » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 pm

LeaBilby wrote:He was a hatchling? :shock:

:wink:


He is a lovely colour. I like his central stripe, on his head. Reminds me of one of The Gremlins!





hahaha :lol:

and thanks, i love how he looks as well. They grey/silvery Merauke's are my favorite and i like the stripe on his head a lot as well. :mrgreen:
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby Sarikazam » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:05 pm

LarissaLurid wrote:

hahaha :lol:

and thanks, i love how he looks as well. They grey/silvery Merauke's are my favorite and i like the stripe on his head a lot as well. :mrgreen:


Ooh, gotta agree with the grey/ silver Meraukes being awesome! I was hoping to get one eventually, but you don't see many of them around... and then I already got my Merauke anyways :P
I wonder how much they will fade as they grow up?
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby LarissaLurid » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Sarikazam wrote:
LarissaLurid wrote:

hahaha :lol:

and thanks, i love how he looks as well. They grey/silvery Merauke's are my favorite and i like the stripe on his head a lot as well. :mrgreen:


Ooh, gotta agree with the grey/ silver Meraukes being awesome! I was hoping to get one eventually, but you don't see many of them around... and then I already got my Merauke anyways :P
I wonder how much they will fade as they grow up?



Well mine hasn't really faded. He's always been a silver color, here is a hatchling pic of him that i was shown by who I bought him from when he was 4 weeks old.
401509_10150461080071843_825321470_n.jpg


Although a lot of the time, especially when closer to shed he used to have a very brown look to him. Here's two pics from when he was 5 months old.
154758_10150828810866843_697886439_n.jpg

556238_10150828810606843_2116882415_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby AnnaMonroe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:16 am

I have fallen in love all over again lol.
He is such a hot model !!!! :love:
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby LarissaLurid » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

AnnaMonroe wrote:I have fallen in love all over again lol.
He is such a hot model !!!! :love:


hahaha yup the 5 month old pics were from when my friend did a little photo shoot for her portfolio with him and i as well as some others of my boyfriend and i were cute. here is my favorite picture of Caipora and myself that was taken that day also <3 he looks so small lol

576813_10150761203016843_1119583040_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby Sarikazam » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Wonderful pictures! Your friend is a great photographer.
Also the baby picture of Caipora is really cute too!

I was just comparing pictures of Caipora and Bruce, and I realised Caipora is definitely a lot more silvery! How long did it take you to find him once you decided you wanted a silver/ grey Merauke?
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby AnnaMonroe » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Great photo, Larissa! You two are very photogenic :}
User avatar
wrath
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:21 pm
Country:
Location: FL

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby wrath » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:28 pm

What a sweetheart your skink is.
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby LarissaLurid » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Sarikazam wrote:Wonderful pictures! Your friend is a great photographer.
Also the baby picture of Caipora is really cute too!

I was just comparing pictures of Caipora and Bruce, and I realised Caipora is definitely a lot more silvery! How long did it take you to find him once you decided you wanted a silver/ grey Merauke?


Thanks!!!

Yea you don't come across silver/grey ones often, I guess I just got lucky! I don't remember how long it took me exactly, but not too long really, just a few emails to people to see what they had. I'm pretty good at searching for things on the internet which helps lol.
Last edited by LarissaLurid on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Caipora (pics from today + belly pic)

Postby LarissaLurid » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:11 pm

AnnaMonroe wrote:Great photo, Larissa! You two are very photogenic :}


Thanks! :mrgreen:
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 310 guests