A quick couple of questions?

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

A quick couple of questions?

Postby Sarikazam » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:08 pm

So I have finally been bringing Bruce out for the last three days! Just a few quick visits to work on getting braver. Anyways, I finally decided to offer him his dinner since he hadn't been touching it and lo and behold, he gobbled it up! I decided to try the same thing with his water since I hadn't seen him out so I figured he hadn't been drinking... and I guess he hadn't! :shock: He spent like 15 minutes drinking. (Well only about half of that was actually drinking, but still!)

Anyways I will get to my first question, when he was drinking one he lifted up his head and a big glob of what looked like uncooked egg white fell out of his mouth. What was that? It was definitely too thick to be water, I am just thinking he drank too much and vomited a bit back up? Or was it a loogie?

And the other thing was, I saw him poop for the first time! (I was hoping to see if I could check for a hemipene, but I was too late for that) Anyways, long story short it was a definite shade of yellow. The only thing he ate before today was two snails and a wee bit of scrambled eggs. So is that normal considering his recent meals?

Thanks in advance for any helpful insight! :)
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)
User avatar
Richard.C
Kimberley Klan
Kimberley Klan
Posts: 10474
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
Country:
Location: melbourne australia

Re: A quick couple of questions?

Postby Richard.C » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:40 pm

The drool you saw is quite normal,especially when they have a big drink,not sure bout poop,but could be causs he hasnt eaten much to poop yet and mostly urates,they wont pop hemepenes all the time either,so doesnt mean its female,i guess keep an eye out and u miggt be lucky to witness it,once it starts feeding and drinking often you will probably find it will be fine,sounds pdettt normal to me anyways,well except yellow poop but yeah,probably high urate poop from emptyish tummy
User avatar
Sarikazam
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:05 am
Country:
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Re: A quick couple of questions?

Postby Sarikazam » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Richard.C wrote:The drool you saw is quite normal,especially when they have a big drink,not sure bout poop,but could be causs he hasnt eaten much to poop yet and mostly urates,they wont pop hemepenes all the time either,so doesnt mean its female,i guess keep an eye out and u miggt be lucky to witness it,once it starts feeding and drinking often you will probably find it will be fine,sounds pdettt normal to me anyways,well except yellow poop but yeah,probably high urate poop from emptyish tummy


Okay, well that is good to hear about the drool being normal. I guess I have just never seen it before. That also makes sense about the poop being mostly urates since I don't think he had eaten hardly anything since I got him two weeks ago.

Yeah, I was hoping to get some confirmation on him really being a he, but I realise I might not ever really find out and I am okay with that. :P

Thanks for sharing your wisdom Richard!
1.0 Merauke (Bruce)
1.0 Northern (Hobbes)

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 197 guests