Question about my skink
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
-
BlueGuy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Wisconsin
Question about my skink
sOk so it's been close to a week now that I think I've had him. He hasn't come out once since I got him to drink any water. Only time he comes out is when I mist the cage by his hide spot and licks the mist in the air. Anyone know why he only drinks that way? Although maybe it's because he will be shedding soon I think but I always thought reptiles when they are going to shed tend to soak in the water bowl but maybe that's just ball pythons that do that. Any suggestions or info is welcome.
- Richard.C
- Kimberley Klan

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:37 am
- Country:
- Location: melbourne australia
Re: Question about my skink
Ive never seen a bluey soak in water prior to shedding,if its young its possably unaware theres a water bowl,especially if its hiding alot still,so misting it makes it come out to drink
-
BlueGuy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Wisconsin
Re: Question about my skink
Richard.C wrote:Ive never seen a bluey soak in water prior to shedding,if its young its possably unaware theres a water bowl,especially if its hiding alot still,so misting it makes it come out to drink
Ok thank you. He does know there is a water bowl I've showed him and placed him in it and he has gone by it a few times but maybe he is still a little scared to come out and drink. I've read that they sometimes don't drink for a week or so but wanted to be sure he will be Ok. I mist everyday before I leave for work and once when I get back. I'm just glad he still drinks even though it's only through misting lol.
-
bella3
- Bluey Follower

- Posts: 354
- Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
- Country:
- Location: Ontario Canada
Re: Question about my skink
I've only seen Juno drink probably 3 times. At first I thought she wasn't drinking at all. I'm have a feeling that your skink is either like Richard said still hiding and maybe scared to come out, or just drinking when you aren't looking. 
-
BlueGuy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Wisconsin
Re: Question about my skink
Yh might be a sneaky little guy
- Shaggraa
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:49 am
- Country:
- Location: United States
Re: Question about my skink
My Indo drinks from his water bowl every day. When i put food in he will eat, then drink, then bask, then hide. Ive never seen him soaking in his water bowl tho. If he is still nervous then he is probably coming out and drinking when you aren't around.
-
BlueGuy
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:56 pm
- Country:
- Location: Wisconsin
Re: Question about my skink
Yeah im starting to think that too. I put some food in his cage and he came out while my wife and I are watching tv and ate. Didnt even notice him come out and his cage is 5ft to the right of my chair lol
- Toxique
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 164
- Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:42 pm
- Country:
- Location: Wisconsin, USA
Re: Question about my skink
I've only caught my mortimer drinking once, and that was so early in the morning it was painful. I have, however, seen him take a soak in his waterdish on warmer days, its actually quite cute!
And I'm really excited to see another BTS keeper in Wisconsin!
And I'm really excited to see another BTS keeper in Wisconsin!
1.0.0 Mortimer, Irian Jaya BTS
1.0.0 Nero, Pastel morph ball python
1.0.0 Wheatley, kitty
1.0.0 Nero, Pastel morph ball python
1.0.0 Wheatley, kitty
- wrath
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 65
- Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:21 pm
- Country:
- Location: FL
Re: Question about my skink
Let him come out and drink on his own without placing him in the water dish. They don't require misting from what I have read.
-
sleepy lizard
- Bluey Beginner

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 2:44 pm
- Country: U.S.
Re: Question about my skink
My skink falls asleep in my hand alot. is that ok?
- alichamp
- Moderator

- Posts: 749
- Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:50 pm
- Country: Australia
- Location: NSW
Re: Question about my skink
This is a really really really old thread so I'm locking it. Please start a new thread to introduce your bluey and ask your questions 
Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 160 guests
