Mortiman~

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
Toxique
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:42 pm
Country:
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Mortiman~

Postby Toxique » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:19 pm

I can't believe it, my darling little Mortimer is almost two years old! He's an IJ that I got from Zach, and if memory serves correctly his birthday is September 9th (Gosh, I may be wrong though, I'm horrible with dates, but I've always said the 9th). He's been my friend all this time though, and I love him to bits.

He's given me a few scares, like deciding he was going to go through a stroll of my parent's house without telling anyone...Twice. (First time I was gone for a concert and his tank lid wasn't shut completely, the second time was because my mom's dog pushed down the screen with his nose after getting into my old room, popped just enough of a hole in the lip of the tank that I didn't notice and he could crawl out). But despite scaring the crap out of me he's given me so much joy, watching him scoot around his tank or the floor, he especially loves the dirty clothes that migrate onto the carpet. Skink wonderland if you ask him.

But I love my baby! And here are some pics, taken today~

Image
Image
Image

Edit!

Well about two seconds after I posted this, he decided he was going to become arboreal and started to climb to the top of his tank...In the end, short legs aren't good climbing legs and one can pretty much guess correctly what happened. He's fine though. Just a little...special.
1.0.0 Mortimer, Irian Jaya BTS
1.0.0 Nero, Pastel morph ball python
1.0.0 Wheatley, kitty
User avatar
Bird_Brain
The Happy Hitman
The Happy Hitman
Posts: 4079
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm
Country:
Location: Warren, Indiana

Re: Mortiman~

Postby Bird_Brain » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:45 pm

Mortiman looks great! You're more than welcome to post more pictures as well!
Brad
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Mortiman~

Postby AnnaMonroe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:35 pm

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO HAS AN IJ.
I was beginning to think that 99% of everyone on this site has every other kind of BTS except IJ's.
I'm personally getting an IJ from Zach this year as soon as his females give birth.
Your skink looks like a fly guy ;D
Maybe post a vid as well? I absolutely adore the colors and patterns on IJs ! 8)
User avatar
Spindown
Reptilian Artisan
Reptilian Artisan
Posts: 2680
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:24 pm
Country:

Re: Mortiman~

Postby Spindown » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:44 pm

I had an IJ, and she/he had to go live with the vet. Still dont know what was wrong, but we couldnt pay for any more vet bills for a totally mysterious reoccuring illness, apparently not unknown in IJ's etc. I have chosen due to the extreme sadness we went through with her/him, that we didnt want to keep IJ's. The condition was pretty rare, so I'm not trying to scare you, but that is why we do not have IJ's. In fact, I have only heard from a few people here that have experienced that particular craziness, as the breeder is VERY reputable and had NEVER heard of it in the many many years he's been breeding blueys, esp. IJ's. All four vets we tried were stumped too :O

I DO have Northerns, an Indo, and a "new form" merauke though :)
~Alyy
Spindown Reptiles est. 2013 ------- Facebook.com/SpindownReptiles
Specializing in Kenyan Sand boas and Special Needs animal care.
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Mortiman~

Postby AnnaMonroe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:18 am

'New Form"? Sounds fancy-shmancy!
I would LOVE to see a photo of said skinker :twisted:

& aw, i'm sorry to have read about your IJ.
That is pretty shocking, about his strange illness :(
User avatar
Toxique
Bluey Beginner
Bluey Beginner
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:42 pm
Country:
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Re: Mortiman~

Postby Toxique » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Never heard about random unheard of illness in IJs, I have faith that Mort's genetics will shine through and I hopefully won't have an issue with him.

And IF i can figure out how to get my phone to record and paste video online, I'll happily give a shot at catching him doing his shinanigans. He's usually up to something.
1.0.0 Mortimer, Irian Jaya BTS

1.0.0 Nero, Pastel morph ball python

1.0.0 Wheatley, kitty
User avatar
Coomassie
The Inked Chemist
The Inked Chemist
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm
Country:
Location: Newark, DE

Re: Mortiman~

Postby Coomassie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:38 am

I adore that first picture! It looks professionally done. He is such a cutie!
Cay T.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 307 guests