Page 1 of 1
Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:19 pm
by LarissaLurid
Whenever my skink starts shedding, he messes up the whole cage wiggling around everywhere to get the skin off. This time he gets a wood chip hat lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQkJy3t_4s&feature=plcp
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:44 pm
by bella3
Juno is shedding right now, and does the exact same thing! Super cute

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:21 pm
by AnnaMonroe
How adorable!! I love the part of the video starting around 2:04 where he starts climbing and you get to see his cute little polka dotted legs haha

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:13 pm
by LarissaLurid
bella3 wrote:Juno is shedding right now, and does the exact same thing! Super cute

lol yea i love their funny little wiggles. I mist it a tiny bit for him to help :]
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:14 pm
by LarissaLurid
AnnaMonroe wrote:How adorable!! I love the part of the video starting around 2:04 where he starts climbing and you get to see his cute little polka dotted legs haha

aw yea lol, its funny he's a little daredevil, he climbs up the back of the couch onto the top and walks all up high lol. He loves the couches. His other fav thing is squeezing between or under cushions or in a little pillow fort X]
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:20 am
by AnnaMonroe
LOL thats hysterical !! Do you ever just sit with some food and watch his adventures?
...Dinner and a show. lmao;
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:17 am
by bella3
AnnaMonroe wrote: Do you ever just sit with some food and watch his adventures?
Haha I was doing that this morning. I woke up to Juno moving around her tank trying to remove the shed from her back. I just sat there and watched her for like 15 minutes. Quite entertaining!

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:37 pm
by AnnaMonroe
I'm getting jealous and impatient now... Lmao! Zach's IJs are taking way too long with this birth!!
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:34 pm
by LarissaLurid
AnnaMonroe wrote:I'm getting jealous and impatient now... Lmao! Zach's IJs are taking way too long with this birth!!
I know how waiting feels, I just got my Extreme Giant Tegu today who I had reserved an egg for about 10 months ago! It seems like it's been forever that I've been waiting. He's so adorable and small though, I can't wait till he's as long as I am tall lol! If you want to see, I posted pictures and videos in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21204
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 pm
by AnnaMonroe
10 Months?!?!?! That's insane lol. But yay, finally! Congrats(:
I just saw the videos, he looks fantastic and seems to be settling in pretty calmly.
Can't wait to see hideous of him when he's an adult .. You'll have your very own dinosaur lmao.
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:24 pm
by LarissaLurid
AnnaMonroe wrote:10 Months?!?!?! That's insane lol. But yay, finally! Congrats(:
I just saw the videos, he looks fantastic and seems to be settling in pretty calmly.
Can't wait to see hideous of him when he's an adult .. You'll have your very own dinosaur lmao.
Definitely lol! And like I said in that thread just before, I feel like my Merauke BTS is growing fast at an inch per month, I can't wait to see my Tegu grow a few inches in like 2 weeks or so lol. I'm definitely interested to see him grow and his colors change from green (which has already started) and the little flecks of orange he has now to lots of white and then to see his jowls develop when he's around 2-3 years old. 3 Years from now I'll look back and won't be able to imagine that his whole body used to fit in my hand. I already feel like that now with Caipora lol!
Can't wait to see pics when you get your hatchling though!! I can tell how much you want him/her lol.
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:25 pm
by Karen
This is one thing I like about loose substrate. They can just wiggle around in it to get all the little pieces off!
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:02 pm
by LarissaLurid
Karen wrote:This is one thing I like about loose substrate. They can just wiggle around in it to get all the little pieces off!
Yup! That and he LOVES to burrow in it. He loves to have his whole body burrowed with just his head popping out all the time too, it's too cute.
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 am
by AnnaMonroe
LarissaLurid wrote:Can't wait to see pics when you get your hatchling though!! I can tell how much you want him/her lol.
Your tegu sounds like a rainbow. LOL rainbow reptile, that's fantastic.

Another thing I couldn't agree with you more about is when you're going to look back at how he fit in your hand..
I've seen photos of adult tegus and their sizes are nothing to joke about o.O
& yes.. i've been impatiently waiting for quite some time now!
i'm not the only one, my dad's whole side of the family bothers me every weekend asking when my bluey will come so they can see him LOL.
i've already got a name for him and everything.
sigh*
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:52 am
by Lea
LarissaLurid wrote:AnnaMonroe wrote:I'm getting jealous and impatient now... Lmao! Zach's IJs are taking way too long with this birth!!
I know how waiting feels, I just got my Extreme Giant Tegu today who I had reserved an egg for about 10 months ago! It seems like it's been forever that I've been waiting. He's so adorable and small though, I can't wait till he's as long as I am tall lol! If you want to see, I posted pictures and videos in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21204
10 months? Did you reserve the egg before it was even an egg?
Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video
Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:33 am
by LarissaLurid
LeaBilby wrote:LarissaLurid wrote:AnnaMonroe wrote:I'm getting jealous and impatient now... Lmao! Zach's IJs are taking way too long with this birth!!
I know how waiting feels, I just got my Extreme Giant Tegu today who I had reserved an egg for about 10 months ago! It seems like it's been forever that I've been waiting. He's so adorable and small though, I can't wait till he's as long as I am tall lol! If you want to see, I posted pictures and videos in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21204
10 months? Did you reserve the egg before it was even an egg?
Yes lol. That I did. There is a long waiting list for the breeder, so it's first come, first served.