Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Everything Blue Tongues! Have a question? Just got a BTS and want to introduce yourself? This is the place!
Forum rules
In this forum all are welcome to ask blue tongue skink-related questions, share information, ideas, tips, experiences, and pictures with fellow BTS enthusiasts.
If you are wondering if your BTS is acting normally or might be sick, this is where you can get help with that.
This is also where you can have some FUN while sharing the enjoyment you get from your blueys!
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby LarissaLurid » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:19 pm

Whenever my skink starts shedding, he messes up the whole cage wiggling around everywhere to get the skin off. This time he gets a wood chip hat lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQkJy3t_4s&feature=plcp
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby bella3 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Juno is shedding right now, and does the exact same thing! Super cute :)
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby AnnaMonroe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:21 pm

How adorable!! I love the part of the video starting around 2:04 where he starts climbing and you get to see his cute little polka dotted legs haha :)
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby LarissaLurid » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:13 pm

bella3 wrote:Juno is shedding right now, and does the exact same thing! Super cute :)


lol yea i love their funny little wiggles. I mist it a tiny bit for him to help :]
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby LarissaLurid » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:14 pm

AnnaMonroe wrote:How adorable!! I love the part of the video starting around 2:04 where he starts climbing and you get to see his cute little polka dotted legs haha :)


aw yea lol, its funny he's a little daredevil, he climbs up the back of the couch onto the top and walks all up high lol. He loves the couches. His other fav thing is squeezing between or under cushions or in a little pillow fort X]
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby AnnaMonroe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:20 am

LOL thats hysterical !! Do you ever just sit with some food and watch his adventures?
...Dinner and a show. lmao;
bella3
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm
Country:
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby bella3 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:17 am

AnnaMonroe wrote: Do you ever just sit with some food and watch his adventures?


Haha I was doing that this morning. I woke up to Juno moving around her tank trying to remove the shed from her back. I just sat there and watched her for like 15 minutes. Quite entertaining! :lol:
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby AnnaMonroe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:37 pm

I'm getting jealous and impatient now... Lmao! Zach's IJs are taking way too long with this birth!!
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby LarissaLurid » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:34 pm

AnnaMonroe wrote:I'm getting jealous and impatient now... Lmao! Zach's IJs are taking way too long with this birth!!



I know how waiting feels, I just got my Extreme Giant Tegu today who I had reserved an egg for about 10 months ago! It seems like it's been forever that I've been waiting. He's so adorable and small though, I can't wait till he's as long as I am tall lol! If you want to see, I posted pictures and videos in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21204
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby AnnaMonroe » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:18 pm

10 Months?!?!?! That's insane lol. But yay, finally! Congrats(:
I just saw the videos, he looks fantastic and seems to be settling in pretty calmly.
Can't wait to see hideous of him when he's an adult .. You'll have your very own dinosaur lmao.
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby LarissaLurid » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:24 pm

AnnaMonroe wrote:10 Months?!?!?! That's insane lol. But yay, finally! Congrats(:
I just saw the videos, he looks fantastic and seems to be settling in pretty calmly.
Can't wait to see hideous of him when he's an adult .. You'll have your very own dinosaur lmao.


Definitely lol! And like I said in that thread just before, I feel like my Merauke BTS is growing fast at an inch per month, I can't wait to see my Tegu grow a few inches in like 2 weeks or so lol. I'm definitely interested to see him grow and his colors change from green (which has already started) and the little flecks of orange he has now to lots of white and then to see his jowls develop when he's around 2-3 years old. 3 Years from now I'll look back and won't be able to imagine that his whole body used to fit in my hand. I already feel like that now with Caipora lol!

Can't wait to see pics when you get your hatchling though!! I can tell how much you want him/her lol.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
Karen
Bluey Addict
Bluey Addict
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:41 pm
Country: USA

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby Karen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:25 pm

This is one thing I like about loose substrate. They can just wiggle around in it to get all the little pieces off!
• 0.1.0 Merauke - Sylvia
• 0.0.1 Northern - Tiberi
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby LarissaLurid » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:02 pm

Karen wrote:This is one thing I like about loose substrate. They can just wiggle around in it to get all the little pieces off!



Yup! That and he LOVES to burrow in it. He loves to have his whole body burrowed with just his head popping out all the time too, it's too cute.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.
User avatar
AnnaMonroe
Bluey Follower
Bluey Follower
Posts: 477
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:28 am
Country:
Location: BROOKLYN, NY
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby AnnaMonroe » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:43 am

LarissaLurid wrote:Can't wait to see pics when you get your hatchling though!! I can tell how much you want him/her lol.


Your tegu sounds like a rainbow. LOL rainbow reptile, that's fantastic. :)
Another thing I couldn't agree with you more about is when you're going to look back at how he fit in your hand..
I've seen photos of adult tegus and their sizes are nothing to joke about o.O

& yes.. i've been impatiently waiting for quite some time now!
i'm not the only one, my dad's whole side of the family bothers me every weekend asking when my bluey will come so they can see him LOL.
i've already got a name for him and everything.
sigh*
User avatar
Lea
Patron Saint of Blueys
Patron Saint of Blueys
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
Country:
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby Lea » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:52 am

LarissaLurid wrote:
AnnaMonroe wrote:I'm getting jealous and impatient now... Lmao! Zach's IJs are taking way too long with this birth!!



I know how waiting feels, I just got my Extreme Giant Tegu today who I had reserved an egg for about 10 months ago! It seems like it's been forever that I've been waiting. He's so adorable and small though, I can't wait till he's as long as I am tall lol! If you want to see, I posted pictures and videos in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21204



10 months? Did you reserve the egg before it was even an egg?
Shinglebacks - Nippy, Lava, Suunto, Lutea, and Hermione
Easterns - Kiah and Jade
User avatar
LarissaLurid
Bluey Enthusiast
Bluey Enthusiast
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm
Country:
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Merauke Wood Chip Hat + Shedding Behavior Video

Postby LarissaLurid » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:33 am

LeaBilby wrote:
LarissaLurid wrote:
AnnaMonroe wrote:I'm getting jealous and impatient now... Lmao! Zach's IJs are taking way too long with this birth!!



I know how waiting feels, I just got my Extreme Giant Tegu today who I had reserved an egg for about 10 months ago! It seems like it's been forever that I've been waiting. He's so adorable and small though, I can't wait till he's as long as I am tall lol! If you want to see, I posted pictures and videos in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21204



10 months? Did you reserve the egg before it was even an egg?



Yes lol. That I did. There is a long waiting list for the breeder, so it's first come, first served.
1.0 Merauke Blue Tongue Skink (Caipora)
TONS of other pets, listed on my page.

Return to “General Discussion and FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 173 guests