Page 1 of 1

Meet Carlos

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 am
by Bluish
Here's Carlos Suavos Deltyson. He's a male Northern about to shed. Just bought him a week ago.
I bought him for myself after an absence from keeping reptiles for over a decade. As soon as my wife and son saw him he instantly became the family pet. I think they love him more than I do.
Unfortunately he has mites and some old skin on his toes. I'll be dealing with the mites this week and hopefully a good shed will look after the old skin. I was told that he's 5 years old. It would be nice to find a mate for him. I'll post another pic after he sheds, he's very light silvery/ peachy colored and I would like to find a darker orange female. He came with a 36x12 terrarium ( it was supposed to be a 36x18). I'm having a custom built front opening glass terrarium built that should be ready tomorrow 48"x24".

Dom

Image
Image

Re: Meet Carlos

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:49 am
by Richard.C
hes s nice looking northern,a nice way to re introduce yourself bsck into reptiles,and get the family involved

Re: Meet Carlos

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:57 am
by Richard.C
welcome to the forum to

Re: Meet Carlos

Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:12 am
by Bluish
Thanks Richard!
Most of the Northerns I've seen in Toronto look quite similar. I think most of them originated from a pair my friend bred "back in the day".
Yes, I'm glad I picked a bluey, they're such sweethearts.

Re: Meet Carlos

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:30 am
by BruinsEv
Congrats, and welcome! Very nice looking skink, love the pics.

Southern Ontario represent!! (just outside Niagara Falls)

Re: Meet Carlos

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:49 am
by Bluish
Thanks BruinsEv,
He"ll look better after a shed.
Yeah there seems to be a lot of BTS fans in Ontario.